Chapter-17

After a long half an hour of laughing and talking, we end up staring at the city lights, as I rest my head on his shoulder. Soon, an idea strucks me, and I sit up in excitement, and he laughs lightly.

"Do you wanna play Hide and Seek?" I'm surprised how confident and different my voice sounds, but i like it this way. I want him to know me, love me, look for me, feel me, everywhere, and everytime, like I do.

"Are you crazy?" He laughs out, and taps his thighs playfully, almost making me cry about how cute he is. He is adorable, and touching. 

"No! Come on! It would be fun!" I beg, and he laughs again. He takes a deep breath, still laughing. 

"But you're 16!" His eyes widen, and twinkle. I love the fact that his eyes always carry the shine.

"I hate you!" I pout, and rest my back against the bench again, almost hitting myself.

"Okay who's turn to hide first, huh?" He stands, and I laugh seeing him pout.

"Me!" I stand up, and run down to the lower terrace, trying to find a place to hide.

As I roam about on the lower terrace, I see an old cupboard placed sticking to a wall, and other wood tables and stuff messed up around it. I quickly sit down, bending my knees, and hide in the dust and wood. I hear his footsteps down to the terrace, and I brace myself. He sure tries hard to spot me, but i wait there almost for a minute. 

"Gotcha!" He taps my shoulder, and wraps his arms around it.

"Oh no!" I complain, and walk away to give him his space to hide. 

"Are you done, yet?" I shout out, after almost a minute. I get no answer and I know why. He's trying to act like he has disappeared or something. Kids often do that. I laugh at my thoughts, and walk around the terrace to find him. I quickly rush to the pile of dust and wood, I chose for hiding before, but find him nowhere there. I open the wood cupboard doors. My mind baffles when I don't find him there. I take almost seven rounds of the terrace, both upper and lower, and do not find him anywhere.

What the hell!?

"Niall ! Where are you?" I call out, so desperate and tired. I can't play no longer. Not this way. He won.

"Okay i quit!" I shout again, laughing, and breathing heavily as exhaust fills me. Is he gone or passed out or what? The thoughts are terrible, and I want to slap them.

I hear no answers and I'm done. I'm gonna go get myself seated on the bench, and wait for him to give up and get back to me. I settle on the bench, and breath heavily. My mind reminds me of my jacket, but then I let the thought go. I don't want him to think that I'm trying to find him too hard.

I stare at the city lights, and I feel so alone and done with the game. I don't feel him around. 

I think I should go, and look for him down the hall, because i don't want to waste this golden time we have. I walk down to the hall, my mind still baffled and spinning.

This place seems to kill all the happiness and pleasure inside me, without any trial of idea inside my head. I want to go home, with him. I wanna be with him, right now, but it is just the opposite, and it kills me inside.

When i reach to the entrance of the hall, I spot the drunk-yards too close, but ignore and walk away. I don't want to get into trouble. Right now, there's nothing more important than Niall. I walk into the crowd, and feel them following me, and i start walking fast trying my best to disappear.

My heart starts aching, and the room starts spinning in front of my eyes. Isn't this a nightmare already? I should be with Niall, and here, I'm alone, so close to death of confidence and strength.