Chapter-20

I step out of the bathroom, and slip into my uniform. I quickly blow dry my hair and pull them into a neat bun. I look at myself in the mirror once again, and discover that I look stronger and brighter. The black blazer, the white shirt, and the black skirt perfectly fits the curves on my body. I pick up my bag, and my phone, and walk downstairs to the kitchen. There is no best friend like Coffee, after Georgia. I take my cup in my hand, and check my phone for the first time today, to be sure if there are no texts from Georgia. I check my inbox and find her text -

*How was the party?* 

My hearts aches again, but I laugh out. I can't be so sad about it. It's not a tragedy. What happened, happened. And I don't care anymore. Not about the party and neither about him. At least, that is what I should be like. I decide to ignore it for now. I'll tell Georgia everything when I meet her tonight. Being around her will at least get my mind off Niall. 

Soon, I hear Ashton's car stop in front of the house. I grab my bag, and put my phone into it, shutting the door. I lock the door, and smile at him when I turn around.

"Hey!" He smiles back, and opens the gate for me. 

"Hi." I settle in the car, and take a deep breath. I wish he doesn't bring up any events from last night, because if he does, he would ruin my day.

"You look tired!" He complaints, and my mind immediately flashes back Niall saying this. I slap it down, and shake my head.

"Yeah, I am kind of, actually." I quickly look away, so as to indicate him to drive. 

"Oh." It is all he says, and drives ahead. I hope we don't see Niall on the way, but whatever It is, I will have to face Niall in class. I wish Stace and Ashton were in the same class, but they are unfortunately not. Now, I might have to sit alone, but that would be probably better than sitting with him.

Soon, we reach the old school building, and I quickly climb out the car after he parks it. He locks it, and follows me. I guessed that he would probably stop for his friends but he does not. 

"Slow down, girl!" He laughs out, as we enter the school hallway. I simply raise an eyebrow. The hallway isn't too crowded, and my mind interprets that we're too early.

"Are you going to see her today?" The words slip out of my mouth, and I soon regret it. How could I be so stupid? I just ruined his day by asking of him and Stace. Diana Williams, how dare you!?

"I don't know." He answers awkwardly, and I stare at the ground.

"I'm sorry." I say even without altering my thoughts. Well, it was worth it.

"Don't be silly!" He starts walking, and I so do I. I hope he doesn't talk about Niall, like I talked about Stace, because I'm not even sure if I was his girlfriend, ever.

"Uhm, I think I'd go to my locker." He smiles, when I reach my locker, and quickly unlock it. Better if he goes, because I can't handle the tension between us. Though, he is a good 'friend' now.

"Okay." I smile.

"Uhm, and can we hang out together, after my football practice?" He offers, and my mind immediately tangles itself. I can't hang out too much with Niall's friends when he isn't even around. 

"Okay." I don't know what to say, but the word simply slips out. 

"Okay then. See you around!" He waves at me, turns back, and walks into the last corridor. 

I slip my bag off my back, and hold it in my hands. My mind is baffled, and I don't know if it was such a good idea. He is Niall's friend and after last night...