Chapter-24

I quickly untie my hair, and leave them open. I look proper, and grown up. This is how I like it, but never have done it. I slip into black stilettos, and walk out of the room. I hit mom in the middle of the staircase, and then we walk down together.

"Where's Dad?" I inquire. I haven't seen him around, the whole day.

"He's already there!" She pitches her voice high, and looks at me, scanning my dress.

"Honey, you look beautiful!" She places her hands on my shoulders, "You look...different, too." She smiles at me.

"Thanks." I smile, and we settle ourselves on the couch. Mom has switched on the yellow dim lights, that I certainly love.

We sit in silence for a while, before a horn blows up on the other side of the gate. I get up, and put my hair in the proper place.

"Niall is here." I smile, trying hard not to. But he makes it hard for me. Mom stands up, too. Why? He came here to pick me. 

"He is such a gentleman." I can't stop my words from falling out. My smile is widening with time. She smiles at me. I'm so glad we aren't fighting like we were, the same morning.

"Mom, are you coming along?" I offer her, hoping her to say 'no.' I don't feel embarrassing taking her along. I just like to be left alone with him. Breaking out conversation, we hear a knock on the door.

"No, Nate will pick me up." She smiles at me, and pushes me gently by my shoulder.

"Go, he's waiting!" She whispers, and laughs lightly.

The moment I open the door, my heart starts racing. Niall is dressed in a white shirt, and black dress pants. He looks beautiful, just as he is. He smiles at me, and I quickly return one, without knowing it. His hair are perfectly gelled up in a quiff. I wonder, how the thin white shirt will keep the cold out. I look back at Mom, before deciding to leave. She walks over to us, and smiles at him.

"Good evening, Niall!" She greets him, shaking hands. I hope he doesn't feel embarrassed.

"Good evening, Mrs. Williams." He smiles at her, his eyes showing respect. Such a gentleman!

"Oh, call me Emma!" She makes him comfortable. 

"That is a beautiful name, Emma!" He politely compliments her. I feel so lucky, at the moment. He is a man. She smiles away a thankful.

"I'm sorry how I acted earlier." She apologizes, and my heart skips a beat. Please no. Not a discussion right now.

"It's alright. I can understand. She's your daughter, and she is precious." He says, making my heart race again. The way he mentions me alone kills me. 

"Thank you so much." Mom whispers.

"Let's go?" I jump in. Let me take the lead. He nods, smiling. 

We both step out the door, and he takes my hand in his. I feel the warmth of his hands, and the fit that we have. Our hands have always fitted perfectly into each other's. He looks at me, and smiles again, his eyes widened.

"What?" I playfully scold him, and he giggles.

"You look..like..a lady.." I know what he is trying to say, but I am a good tease. I raise my eyebrows at him, and he presses his lips together.

"You look hot." He finally admits as we settle in the car. I look at the back seat, and see his grey blazer placed there. 

"So do you." I compliment him back, and it is true.

"I know." He playfully boasts, and I hit his biceps, bursting into laughter.

"So, are we going to pick up Stace?" i inquire, and his face creases. He takes a deep breath, and leaves me confused.