Breakfast

After spending the morning getting ready, I jogged down the stairs and headed into the kitchen. I directed myself to a bar stool as I began texting one of my friends from work. I heard footsteps but didn't look up from my phone.

"How was your sleep?"

Instantly recognising the voice, I looked up and saw it was Hyun-gi.

"It was good. Very comfortable," I replied.

"The walls are pretty solid too so you can't hear a thing. You'll never be disturbed."

I nodded in agreement. He was right. It was as if no one else was in the house with me. I stood up and walked over to the cupboard to take out a bowl when Hyun-gi gently grabbed my wrist. I turned my head to look at him.

"What are-"

"I'll cook for you," he smiled. I didn't trust that smile.

Frowning a little, I took a step back and allowed him to take the bowl out instead.

"Are you sure? I really don't mind cooking myself."

"I insist."

Again, I nodded my head and sat back down in my current spot. Just as I was about to start a conversation, my phone suddenly began to ring. I recognised it as Jimin's number.

"Hey," I smiled. "How are you?"

"Hi, I'm good."

"Did you need something?"

"Err, yeah. I was just wondering if you wanted to come down to the dorm and have breakfast with us."

I looked over at Hyun-gi who had already started cooking.

"Sorry, I can't. Someone's already making breakfast for me. But I can do lunch?"

"Lunch it is. I'll text you the address."

"Great! See you then."

"See you," Jimin ended before hanging up. I placed the phone down before looking over towards Hyun-gi.

"I cancelled a breakfast date because of you," I joked with a small chuckle.

"Really? Who with?" he questioned.

"With that old friend I was telling you about. The one I visited yesterday in Seoul. But don't worry, I'm seeing him for lunch instead."

"Him, huh?"

I paused for a moment. "It's not like that. He's just a friend. Too brotherly."

As the food simmered, Hyun-gi left the stove and strolled over to me.

"Then what is your type?"

I thought for a bit before answering. "Tall... hardworking... ambitious... he has to have really good hair and pretty eyes... and has to be protective. But not too protective; that's just creepy."

Hyun-gi stared at me for a while, an expression on his face which resembled one of flirtatious.

"You know," he started, "people say I have good hair... and pretty eyes."

I gulped, my mouth turning dry, and hummed a low response.

"Your err... your food is going to burn-"

"You have pretty eyes too," he continued, not paying attention to my previous comment.

Starting to worry, I stood up and went over to stir the rice. It was already getting stuck to the pan. My heart, however, suddenly stopped at the feeling of hands caressing my arms.