Frosty

"So, Hyun-gi," I started. "What brings you to America. You're obviously born and bred in Korea. And is that a Busan accent I detect?"

He smiled widely. "You from there too?" he asked.

"Of course. Well, Texas is my home state but I moved over to Busan to live with family at a young age. So that's my home now."

"Maybe it's fate that two strangers from the same city met up in the new bright county of America."

I smiled, peering down at my boots.

"Fate, huh?" I grinned at him before standing up. "How cheesy."

Hyun-gi got up onto his feet as well, consequently towering over me.

"Wow you're tall," I gawked.

"It runs in the family," he simply replied. "Listen. There's this event on Christmas Eve and I need a plus one. You want to come with me?"

I shrugged my shoulders, digging my hands into my pockets. "I'm a stranger. Stranger danger, right?"

He rolled his eyes. "Stranger danger? We've just spent an hour talking?"

"45 minutes," I correct.

"45 minutes," he mimicked with a small laugh. "And anyways, I want to get to know you. The real Bri."

I nibbled on my bottom lip as I thought for a slight movement.

"I'll think about it," I said before walking away.

"So that's a yes?" I heard him call after.

I laughed, shaking my head.

"It's an 'I'll think about it'!" I called back with a grin.

"You have my number!" he called. "Text me!"

...............................................

Walking back inside the house, I made my way over Alex who was reading her book on the sofa. I sat cross legged on the floor in front of her next to the fireplace in the hopes of getting warm.

"Someone asked me out today."

Alex slowly lowered her book away from her face as she stared at me with a straight face.

"What?" she asked me.

"This guy. He was at the park and he asked me out."

Alex's straight face soon turned into a smile.

"And you said yes?"

"I said that I'd think about it."

"Brianna!"

"I know, I know. But it's still not easy to move on like that. My past relationship was special."

All of a sudden, Alex hopped down from her seat and sat down next to me on the floor near the warm fireplace.

"What's he look like?" she smiled.

I sighed, remembering his capturing face. "Like a god carved in Olympus itself."

Alex squealed. "Bri! You should have said yes! Please tell me you have his number."

I nodded my head.

"Call him and say you'll go!" she exclaimed.

"I need more time to think."

"Bri. I'm your big sister. Your unnie. Listen to what I say. He's a nice good looking boy who wants to get to know you and you're a lonely little girl who is in desperate need of moving on."