Bēsīmonagon-Resistance

The group made their way down to the innermost part of the temple. After briefly scouting the area they entered the deepest chamber.

Salem's second Djin Sibi, followed after them, confirming that the coast was clear. "All of the guards are dead. There's no one else here. Doesn't seem like they called for reinforcements either so we probably won't see anyone here until tomorrow."

He looked at the quivering figure in the center of the room. They clutched a staff and used it to lean on as they desperately tried to steady their shaky legs."It seems like this child is at her limit."

Li looked the child up and down. "Young master, it seems the divine staff was being held here. This young girl seems to be the goddess to whom it belongs to."

The girl was surrounded by a barrier. She looked to be no older than sixteen. Salem wasted no time in making his way over to her. He pushed through the barrier, breaking it with ease. He then reached down and took her hand in his.

Salem's third djin, Dakuri scowled. "That bastard. He had a goddess trapped here all this time! She's so young too!"
"Are you the servant of God that was sent to get me?" She asked hazily.

"No. The ones you wish to meet are not coming. If you wish to live then leave this place and come with me."

"Who...are you..."

"Salem."

He spoke to her the same way he spoke to everyone. Her being a Goddess meant nothing to him. He was never one for titles after all. In a way, this was just part of his charm. He tightened his grip on her hand and smoothly pulled her up. As her gaze began to focus, she found herself captivated by the man's smile and something else, the dragon medallion around his neck.

•~•~•~•~•~•

T

he girl was taken back to their base. She seemed to have some sort of amnesia after having so much of her life force drained. All she could remember was her name.

"Sheila Ri Omarosa." She seemed to be young, possibly no older than sixteen. For someone so young she and Salem had extremely opposing views. He valued freedom and didn't condemn those who were considered to be "impure." He treasured maintaining a good relationship with the other races. Salem didn't agree with what their God was doing in these times of war. He felt as though God had turned their back on them and so he sought to create a new world where this God did not exist.

Sheila, being a young and naive Goddess, saw no fault in their God's decisions. she viewed the many races as "impure." Not only that but she wished to rid the world of such impurities. Over time, Salem had collected many books. During his time in the tower he learned to summon many different beings, all of which became his servants. They all happened to be of far less than holy blood. When Sheila arrived at the base she lost her mind at the sight. Salem's first conversation with her here ended in him calling her a "despicable woman."

Salem was a carefree, humble man that was loved by both spectrums of the divine. From birth the shi made it very clear that they adored him. This confused Sheila. How could someone who spends his time with demons and ghouls be so loved by divine forces? She didn't speak to him for days after their fight but during that time she did observe them and in doing so, she learned that he was right. Her mind set had indeed been despicable.

She ended up befriending one such demonic entity and realized that they were only different by name. They both felt and longed for the same thing. despite appearances and names, they were the same at their cores. Titles such as goddess and demon, didn't apply in Salem's world and perhaps that was a good thing. She would never have been able to freely converse with such creatures otherwise.