Arammu-Love

"Salem! Please be my partner!"

"Hmm? Are you daydreaming again?"

•~•~•~•~•~•

"Salem! Please go out with me!"

"What's that? I think you're talking in your sleep again."

•~•~•~•~•~•

"Salem! Please go out with me! Even for a bit!"

"....."

Falan and the other watched on as Sheila's vehement confessions were not taken seriously by Salem. Li and Salem's right hand Enu, strayed from the group.

"He's so stubborn!"

Li smiled. "Surely he understands that there will come a time where he will have to stop treating her like that. After all, Sheila has become someone who's strength is second only to Salem. She's definitely grown up to be a wonderful woman."

•~•~•~•~•~•

Sheila made her way through the streets. Though everything was supposedly peaceful, there was something that unnerved her. The further into the village she went, the more she could sense an uproar. She hurried towards the sounds only to be met with a fierce battle. The citizens of the village and the humans were battling each other despite the alliance everyone had made five years ago. Before she could act, Salem appeared on the battlefield and rammed his staff into the ground, causing the land to split and a rift to form between the two races.

He turned towards the humans. "I was informed that the mages who instigated this were promised rewards for leading the revolt."

They remained silent, confirming his suspicion.

"I sentence all the mages from this district, excluding the high priests, to exile. I will also confiscate the divine relics from the citizens of the village."

There was a surge of panic among everyone. Finally one human mage, brave enough to speak, called out to Salem.

"Exiled? What...what did we do wrong! We did this for you Lord Salem!"

The citizens got louder in protest and soon there was a frevrent argument.

"Silence! To use another race to increase your own personal fortune is the same thing that the King is trying to do." Salem stood calmly with his arms crossed.

Everyone became silent again. Seeing as there was no way to escape their fate, the mages quickly changed their tune and tried to shift the blame.

"You are the kings son no? Then wouldn't that mean you are the one who's using the other races for your own personal gain?"

The mage turned to address the village citizens. "Listen to me! Salem is the root of the evil that plagues us! He is the cause of your suffering! He is no better than his father!"

Enu clenched his fist, trying desperately not to do anything rash. "What cowards. He is only saying things that Salem has the most difficulty negating with his own words!"

The sudden gasps and wavering hearts of the village citizens only served to spur the mage on. "He will become an arrogant and despotic ruler just like his father! Is that alright with you! Do want such a ruler! Answer me that!"

Sheila had heard enough. She calmly walked to stand in front of Salem and before anyone could act, she destroyed the barrier around him.

"Take his head." She stated bluntly, her ruby eyes glimmering with a challenge to anyone who dared to step forward.