Perzys Kustikāne-Tempered Power

The pub Sin brought Nikiro to was significantly smaller but served it's purpose nonetheless. When they entered Sin was almost immediately spotted by a few girls. They waved him over and Sin made his way through the crowed to their table, Nikiro close behind him.

"Hello ladies. Got room for two more?"

The girls giggled. Tallest one gestured to the seats. "Of course! The more the merrier!"

The Amber haired girl next to her pulled her seat close to Sin's and leaned next him. "So what brings you here today your highness?"

Sin draped his hand around her. "Just wanted to grab something to eat."

"So you'll have your usual then?" The third girl, who seemed to be the waitress spoke.

"Mhmm. And get something for my friend too."

Nikiro waved his hands. "I don't really have a lot of money on me so—"

"It's on me then. Think of it as thanks for earlier."

Nikiro sighs in defeat upon seeing Sin's smile. The fourth girl made her way behind Sin and wrapped her arms around him. "You couldn't make something back at the palace?"

"It's a bit hectic there at the moment. Besides I'd much rather enjoy the cooking here!"

The amber haired girl laughed. "Don't be like that! Your cooking is fantastic! I still remember that time you came by and cooked us a feast for us when it was the flower shop girls' birthday."

Sin sighed. He decided to get the focus off of himself and looked at Nikiro. "Nikiro,do you know how to cook?"

Nikiro nodded. "I can. I mean I'm not a world renown chef, but I'd say my cooking's pretty decent."

Sin smiled. "That sounds like something my dad would say. You know he was a famous chef when he met my mom. I mean he was still the third Prince of Seidon but this was when he was "on the run" so to speak. Having a famous chef for a dad, you pick up on things in the kitchen. I may not be as good as him but I can definitely hold my own."

The waitress returned with their food and with a sly grin said. "Hold your own...what?"

Sin smiled innocently. "If it's what your thinking, I'd need both hands."

All the women lost it and as laughter rang around the table, Sin leaned over in Nikiro's direction.

"I just thought of something. When we have our sparing match, loser has to cook the winner a meal. What'd ya say?"

Nikiro thought for a moment and decided to take him up on his challenge. "Alright. Just don't try to poison me when I win."

Sin laughed. "Wouldn't dream of it."

•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Illya charged towards her doppelganger but was promptly knocked back by several shadows that the reflection summoned. Illya hit the pillar behind her so hard that her vision began to blur. She shook her head and forced herself to focus. When she did, she noticed that the shadows that were summoned were highly reminiscent of one of her brothers. The same brother that held her down and ripped her wings off.

"Do yOu REcOgnIzE hIm?"

Illya glared in disgust. "What, you think flaunting Seiran in front of me will make me hesitate?"

The doppelganger chuckled. "NoT QUiTe."

Before Illya could push herself up, a spear forced it's was through her body. She spit up some blood. Behind her was another shadowy figure, This time in the form of Illya's brother Enmei, the Haan Emperor.

"What kind of screwy family reunion is this?" She grumbled as she yanked the spear from her body. Illya noticed that the doppelganger also had blood running from her mouth.

The doppelganger laughed bitterly and with the simple wave of her hand, summoned more shadows, each in the form of Illya's family. "TaKE a GoOd lOOk. ThIs iS thE fAmILy YoU BeTRAyeD wheN yoU cHOse yoUrsElf oVEr YoUr owN BLoOd!"

Illya looked at the lifeless shadows before her and sighed. It was clear that the doppelganger was a mere manifestation of all her fears and doubts. Illya shook her head.

"Wake up. They were using you. They only cared about your power. They didn't give a damn about how you felt. Remember what you went with through with the Haan's? When they took you in only for your necromancy abilities? And don't even get me started on Seiran! That bastard who tricked you for years into believing he was on your side, when really he was just using you for his sick experiments! It wasn't just them though was it? They wanted power and they were ready to use you to get it. AND ALL THAT IS JUST A SINGLE DROP OF WATER IN THE BUCKET!  Yet you dare to lecture me on betraying my blood?" Illya yelled.

The doppelganger stayed silent. When it opened it's deformed mouth her distorted voice was replaced by Henaer's.

"That's right. They hurt you. If it weren't for them. You wouldn't have had to struggle so much, but here...you're safe here."

Illya was at her wits ends with this. She pushed herself up and summoned her spear. Then without warning, she turned it on herself. In one swift motion, she plunged it through her heart. The doppelganger spat blood as she desperately clawed at the now gaping hole in her chest. Illya had noticed the connection when she was stabbed. Whatever happened to her also happened to the doppelganger. She knew that if she died here, she would be lost to the darkness forever. Gritting her teeth, she pulled the spear from her chest and placed a hand over it. The rate at which she was able to heal herself was begging to take much longer. It seems that having to do it so often in such a short period of time was begging to use up her energy.

Because the doppelganger was a mere fake, an imitation of herself, it couldn't heal itself so Ilya knew that it would die if it sustained a grave enough injury. When it's distorted body began to fade into the darkness, the shadows attacked simultaneously. Illya summoned her shield. The shadows closed in around her she lifted her shield and the shimmer of it's golden surface produced a blinding light that momentarily blinded them. She took the opportunity to slam it into the nearest shadow and then the next, and the next, until she had sliced through all the shadows with the shield. When they were disposed of, the final rune vanished and Illya marched through the halls with purpose. Her eyes wide in search for Henaer and her fingers twitching with the anticipation of a kill.