Chapter 54

The trip home from Puerto Rico was nothing short of chaotic but we somehow managed. The boys were there usual crazy selves which did not help on the airplane... lord help us. But like I said we managed and did get home in one piece.

After filling out tons of paperwork and Valeria filling out the same amount we were finally allowed to take Isabel home with us. She is, by all means, one of the easiest babies I have ever been around. Don't get me wrong, she does cry, but it's not that insane high pitch annoying baby cry where your ears start to bleed. It's a docile cry... a sweet cry, our Isabel cry. She was about 100 times easier than Seb and Cruz, thank goodness for that one.

After two weeks down in Puerto Rico we were finally home. Don't get me wrong I had a life changing experience, literally. But man there was something so amazing about coming home to a beautiful and clean home. As soon as we walked through the door the boys ran straight to their room and started playing with their trains. I wish I had half the energy those two did.

I took Isabel and brought her to her new room. It was simple. We opted for neutral colored walls and a few pink decorations here and there. Our plan wasn't to go all out until she grew up a little more, like Seb and Cruz. She opened her tiny mouth smiled when I set her in her crib and immediately closed her precious eyes.

"I love you beautiful. Sleep well my Isabel." I whispered. I went over and shut the blinds and closed the door quietly behind me.

Smiling, I walked into the living room to see Lin scrolling through the channels on the television. He grinned when he saw me and patted the seat next to him. I did as he wanted and sat next to him. I cuddled into his side and sat there in such bliss, absolute bliss.

"Hola mi amor." He kissed my cheek.

"Hola."

"How's the child?"

"Which one? We have like twelve now."

"Isabel." He smiled and pushed the hair out of my face.

"Angelic. Seriously, I've never seen a calmer baby than her."

"We needed the reverse order. A calm angelic baby first and then the crazy twins next."

I laughed, "That would have been all too convenient. But she has her older brothers to watch out for her. So that's a positive."

"I can't believe we actually have a daughter." Lin laughed and kissed me again.

"I can't either. It doesn't feel real. I'm not sure if it will ever feel real. Maybe once she starts high school it'll feel real."

"I know exactly what you mean. Like Seb and Cruz still don't feel real."

I smiled, "Like clearly they're very real but they're just not."

He laughed and nodded his head, "It seems too good to be true."

"You get it, bless you, you sweet man."

"Five years ago my life was so different. I had essentially nothing. Not you not the kids. All I had was my family and musicals, which isn't bad... don't get me wrong. But now, look where I am. Look where we are!"

"What a wild ride this has been."

"Shit, how cool is it that Cruz and Sebastian have an Olympian as a mother? That's just so stinking cool. Not many kids get to say that."

"They also have a father who kind of wrote two life changing musicals, is in the process of writing and producing his third show, and is casually only one Oscar win away from being the youngest EGOT winner ever. Yeah, no pressure kids."