{0.22}

Freddy's POV

--------------earlier that day------------

While we were practicing after that little 'speech' Mr Finn gave us, I noticed Summer was getting nervous. Maybe I should ask her what's going on?

                              ---

Practice was over, and it was now lunch time.

As soon as the bell rang, Summer got out of the classroom and started walking, so I decided to follow her.

I tapped her on the shoulder and she turned around, facing me.
"Oh, hey Freddy." She said, looking kinda down.
"What's wrong? You looked nervous today." I asked.
"Yeah, I just... Have a headache." She said. Why do I feel like she's hiding something from me?
"Sum, if something's wrong, you can tell me. We're best friends, I'll always be here for you no matter what. You know that, right?"
"I do, and I'm really thankful for that, seriously. But it's okay, I'm completely fine, really." She said.
"You sure?"
"I'm sure."
"Okay, then. But don't forget it!" I said, and side hugged her.

We walked like that to the cafeteria,  went to the line to get our food and sat at our usual table.

"What took you guys so long?" Zack asked. Oh, come on!
"Some particular stuff." I quickly said. I didn't now what was going on, so I didn't want more people spaming Summer with questions.
"Okay?" Tomika said, what looked like more of a question.
"Thank Godness there's no more rats in here!" Lawrence said.
"Yeah. Cause last time I was all covered with your food!" Summer said.
"Yeah... Sorry about that." Lawrence said, and we all laughed.

During the rest of lunch time, Summer was zoned out. I swear I could see her brain working! She was thinking like crazy. But the real question is: what was running through her mind?

The bell rang and we went back to class. We studied a little bit, since we would be having quizzes in a few weeks. What's a good thing, because studing keeps Summer distracted.

When school was over, I decided to ask her again if there was any problem.

"Summer?" I called her name, as I ran to catch up with her when the last bell rang.
"Yeah?" She said, turning around.
"I just wanted to make sure you are okay... I'm worried about you."
"Freddy, I'm fine, okay? There's nothing to worry about. This is something kinda personal."
"Oh, okay. But remember that I'll always be here for you."
"You know what? You're right. Why don't you come to my house, so we can talk about it?"
"Are you sure? You don't have to tell me if you don't want to."
"I'm sure. Let's go."

We went to her house, and her parents weren't there. Instead she found a note, that they would be out and would come back at night.

"Okay. Let's get some snacks and go to the living room, so we can talk." Summer said.
"Okay."

We grabbed some Lays and juice and went to the sofa.

"So..." I said, trying to make get speak.
"Do you remember how Mr Finn said that we can't mess up, that this is our chance, those kind of stuff?" She asked.
"Yes."
"The problem is that you, Tomika and Zack are all used to sing in front of everybody and I've never done it, and you guys sing amazingly... I'm kind of afraid I won't be able to do it well, what if I mess up?"
"Sum, you're gonna do amazing!"
"No, I'm not! I'm gonna ruin our chance... I don't wanna mess it up."
"Summer, I believe in you. In my opinion, your voice is better than anyone else's in the class. You don't have to be nervous!"
"I can't avoid it..."
"It's gonna be okay, Summy." I said, hugging her.
"Freddy, I'm scared." She whispered.
"I know. But I'll be there with you, okay?"
"Always?"
"Always."

GUYS! I am so sorry I took too long to update! I literaly had no time at all this week.

But anyways, I hope you guys like it!

~Maddie