seventeen

"I'm sorry," you stopped as you heard him apologize.

"For what?" You asked him out of curiosity. He hasn't done anything for you to be angry at him for. Why is he apologizing?

"I'm sorry for accusing you recklessly like that," you nibbled on your lips with your teeth.

You walked over to your son with his bottle. "You didn't do anything wrong," you said quickly to him. "It's okay."

"No, it's not and I'm being serious," he said as you turned your head to him. He looked at you with guilt in his eyes. He walked over to you and grabbed your hand. A chill ran from your neck to your stomach as his hand grabbed yours. "I really do mean it," he looked deep into your eyes. You nodded.

In seconds, Jeongsan starts crying when he didn't get his bottle, interrupting you and Jungkook. You pick him up into your arms and bringing him to your embrace and placed the bottle to his lips. He calms down as soon as the bottle touched his lips.

Jungkook sat down next to you as he gazed at Min-Jae who was sucking on his bottle. You glanced up at Jungkook who was staring at his son. This is your son, Jungkook. Please believe me and not other people. I don't know how you thought Jeongsan was Taehyung's but I swear with my life that he is your son. You thought to yourself as you looked away when Jungkook noticed your gaze.

You broke the awkward silence. "Are you hungry?" The question came out of nowhere; it just naturally came out. He shook his head. "Do you need something?" He looked into your eyes.

He gazed into your eyes for a long time. You couldn't handle his deep gaze and the look in his eyes made you all flustered. You averted your eyes to your son who was falling asleep in your arms, but you still felt Jungkook's eyes staring at you.

You stood up from the bed and put Jeongsan on your bed. You move the bed comforters and extra pillows out of the way, making a clear spot to put your son on.

Jungkook watches you as you carefully place Jeongsan on the area you just cleared. You turned around to see him staring at you with his doe eyes.

"Why are you staring at me like that?" You were all flustered because he's been staring at you without saying a word to you. He stood up from the bed and walked over to a chair and sat down. "What are you doing?" You laughed.

He stood up and grabbed your wrist, pulling you down with him as he sat down again. He hugged you in his embrace. You silently breathed in through your nose; you smelt his perfume. You looked at him and he had his eyes closed. "Jungkook?" He didn't respond nor open his eyes. "Jungkook, what--are you--doing?" You struggled to get out of his arms but with his muscle-built body, you didn't stand a chance against him.

"Hmm, I'm so tired. Let me sleep for a bit like this," he mumbled as he just hugged you tighter into his chest. Your hands were on his chest to keep yourself from getting squished.

"Jungkook, let me--go," you said as you pushed his chest away from you. "Jungkook~"

"Ah," he said as he finally opened his eyes. His eyes gazed into yours as he pushed your hair out of your face. Can I just stay like this forever? In his arms like this and look at him like this? "Let's sleep like this," he said blankly. Your eyes widened as you looked at the position you were in.

"Like this?!" You gritted your teeth together to avoid waking up your son. "My knees are on the ground and you're hugging me like you don't want me to breathe properly. And you say you want to sleep like this?" He looked at you blankly. "I'm not even in a good position for sleeping," you whined.

He released you, adjusting his position on the chair, giving you room on the chair. "Here," he said as he patted on his right shoulder. You looked at him as you slowly sat down next to him and laid on his shoulder. "You know, for the past couple days," he started talking to you as your head rested on his shoulder. "I've been thinking about a lot of things. You. Me. Us. Jeongsan. The hyungs. And I've come up with something to help me remember all that," he continued on as you carefully listened to him. "The longer I spend time with you guys, the more I'd know about myself," your eyes started feeling tired as Jungkook kept talking.

Eventually you fell asleep in his arms like that, while he was still talking. "And then hyung will help me and~" he paused as he didn't hear a sound from you. "Sora?" He looked to see if you were asleep, and he chuckled to himself when he realized you were asleep. He brought you closer so that he could kiss your forehead. "Sleep well," he whispered to you softly. You snuggled into his chest and wrapped your arms around his torso. "You even sleep like a cute bunny," he mumbled.

Before he closed his eyes and drifted off to a nap, he quickly said something to you.

"I love you."