nineteen

"Good morning," you looked at him as he acted like nothing strange had happened. He was inside your house; you looked around and there was no Jungkook. You suddenly felt sick to your stomach as to why Taehyung was in your house.

"Umm, good morning to you too. What are you doing here?" You said blankly.

"I'm here to take care of you," he said.

You thought you heard him wrong but you didn't. "What?" You scoffed.

"It's obvious Jungkook isn't here to take care of you, so why can't I?" He was confusing you with his question.

"Taehyung-ah, what are you talking about?" You looked at him and took a few steps forward.

He turned around to look at you as he gripped on the edge of the counter. "You don't really know what's going on, do you?" He hissed as he looked at you dead in the eye. "Why do you think Jungkook wouldn't be home with you at this time?"

You paused and stopped him for a second. "Whoa wait, wasn't he with you guys yesterday?" You asked. He gave you a smug look.

"You really think he went with us to the meeting?" He released his grip from the counter.

"W-w-well--" you stuttered. "H-he did, didn't he?" Taehyung walked over to you and stood next to you, facing the opposite direction you were facing.

"Y/N-ah, if I were you, I'd check his phone and messages from time to time," he said to you. You turned your head and you thought he was going crazy or was it you? "Clearly, he's been up to something during the months prior to Jeongsan's birth," you wanted to slap him but you couldn't react to anything. "Plus I heard that he's--"

"Get out!" You shouted. He paused as he was shock by your reaction. "Taehyung, please leave," you said as your breath was practically shaking from the anger boiling up inside you.

"I'm just trying to tell you something," you closed your eyes and fought back your tears.

"Just get out," you said quietly and he walked out of the house quietly.

You closed your eyes, a feeling of anger was boiling inside you. You turned your head to the side as you exhaled sharply through your nose.

You then heard Jeongsan upstairs; you quickly rushed upstairs to your room to see him crying as he was rolled around in his spot. You picked him up and slowly rocked him back and forth in your arms with your body. You took him to then bathroom to give him a bath. You set his baby bathtub on the ground of the bathroom. You filled it up with warm water, and you checked to make sure it wasn't too hot for him. You were taking off his clothes when you realized he had pooped in his diaper as well as his clothes.

"Why didn't I notice this when I woke up?" You said to yourself as you put his clothes aside somewhere to be washed. You cleaned the poop from his bottom before putting him in the tub. His arms immediately patted on the water, splattering it all over your leg. You poured water down on his head slowly, being careful that it didn't get into his eyes. You washed his body and bottom, making sure he was nice and clean.

"You're all done. Nice and clean," you grabbed his towel from the towel rack and picked him up and wrapped in his towel. You went to get Min-Jae dressed first before cleaning up in the bathroom. You put him in a cute onesie outfit that your mom had bought him.

"You look so handsome, my baby boy," you put him in his car seat. He started crying as he felt your arms leave him. "I know you hate being in the car seat and you wanna be in my arms," you grabbed his bottle and gave to him to calm him down. You went back to the bathroom to clean his tub.

After you finished cleaning in the bathroom, you walked back to your room and you heard the front door open from downstairs. You went back outside to see who it was; as you walked down the stairs, you saw it was Jungkook.

"Hey," you said as he lifted his head to look at you.

"Hi," he replied calmly as he took off his shoes. He walked into the kitchen as you thought about what Taehyung had told you earlier.

"Y/N-ah, if I were you, I'd check his phone and messages from time to time."

"Jungkook-ah, can I ask you something?" you finally said breaking the silence in the room. He nodded his head to you as you began walking towards to him in the kitchen. "Where were you?" You asked the simplest question anybody could someone.

"I went to the meeting yesterday," he replied. "You really think he went with us to the meeting?" Your mind suddenly went blank at Jungkook's answer. "Why?"

"Nothing, it's just--well I didn't see you come home yesterday and I was worried that something had happened, so I--I just wanted to know," you quickly explained yourself.

"I came home but it was very late because of traffic and I saw you and Jeongsan sleeping on the couch, so I carried you and him upstairs to the bedroom," he said.

So that's why I was upstairs in the bedroom this morning. He actually came home, but where was he this morning? You thought to yourself, quickly understanding the details.

"If you came home, where did you go so early in the morning then?" That was when he paused and looked at you. He looked away as he walked around in the kitchen.

"Do you need to know I'm at every time?" He asked you back.

"Yes and no," you replied. "I just don't want the same thing happening again after your accident," you said as he looked at you.

"And what accident are you exactly referring to?" He said as he raised his voice a bit at you.

"Did you forget you were in the hospital?" You said without raising any tension, but Jungkook only raised the tension even more with his question.

"Clearly as far as I can remember, I don't recall anything before 'the accident' you're referring to, and second, I didn't need your concern about my whereabouts are," he walked towards you into the living room.

"I'm only asking because I am your wife," you said as he turned to look at you.

"My wife?" He said disbelief. "You're only asking this because you're my wife?" You didn't know what was going on with him. "And thirdly, I don't even know why I'm married to you," you were shocked but at the same time you weren't because he didn't remember anything before the car accident. He grabbed his bag from the kitchen and marched to the door.

"Where are you going now?!" You shouted. He ignored your words and slammed the door loudly behind him. You fell to your knees as you started sobbing. "Why are you leaving me again? You told me to wait, but why are you acting like this to me? Jeon Jungkook!" You curled yourself into a ball on the ground and letting your tears come through.

Jungkook was standing outside of the front door, listening to your cries. Hearing you cry made him infuriated for not knowing and remembering who you were to him.

He was confused by everything around him. He didn't know what to do to help you, Jeongsan, or his hyungs. He felt ashamed and just wanted to isolate himself from the world for his action.

He stood up and looked back at the dark brown door. The only thing that was blocking his way to you. He wanted to grab the doorknob and come back inside to you. Hold you tight in his arms and tell you everything you wanted to hear from him.

But he couldn't. Not without knowing who he was and who you were first. And that made him frustrated for not being the man that he was, being able to take the action to do so.

He rested his head against the door. He clenched his hands into fists and he wanted to smash the walls of the house. "Sora-ah," he whispered. "I'm sorry."