Chapter 11 ~ Full Moon

A few calm months had passed.

There weren't many bad events going on, but there also weren't many more good ones. The pack was balancing in the middle of good and bad, and they had been since the end of the last school year.

"All right, so I found some cool two bedrooms in the Mission District, but they're pretty expensive. A couple in Haight and Ashbury. Also expensive," Stiles explained to Scott as they were discussing where to live after this coming school year. Luna sat at the cliff, over looking the city, looking at the city lights.

"What about Berkeley?" Scott asked. "Don't a lot of students live around there?"

"Yeah, yeah, we could try Nob Hill. But, the Jeep would probably burn through a few clutches," Stiles replied.

Scott furrowed his eyebrows. "You're bring the Jeep?" Luna glanced back at the two.

"You know the plan, okay? No one gets left behind. That's the plan. Lydia's not gonna have a problem getting into Stanford. Kira's thinking USF. Malia's uh, gonna, you know, she'll figure something out, okay. And Luna and Liam have each other. The plan's perfect," Stiles explained.

"Or we could also wait until we actually get into college and then figure out where to live," Scott suggested.

Stiles sighed. "I have a vision, dude. Okay? And it is a beautiful vision. Don't ruin the vision." Luna rolled her eyes, turning back to the city. Stiles continued. "Okay, we can check out the East Bay. Haven't looked at Oakland yet, you know. You all right? You're starting to feel it?"

"No. Just thinking," Scott stated.

"About what?"

"Senior year."

"Senior year, come on, that's, that's. . . that's nothing. That's going to be easy," Stiles insisted.

Scott sighed. "Its more like something Deaton told me once. You ever heard of regression to the mean?"

"No, I don't think so."

"It was his way of saying that life can't ever be all bad or all good. You know, eventually things have to come back to the middle. So, you think about the last few months. Things have been good, right? But not amazing."

"Yeah, but no one's tried to kill us in six months either," Stiles stated.

"Right. We've been pretty much in the middle for a while. Which means, at some point, the scale has to tip one way or the other. Things are gonna get really good again. . ."

Luna looked back. "Or really bad." Thunder began crackling in the sky.

"Think it's been long enough?" Stiles asked.

"Yes!" Liam yelled from the tree he was chained to.

Stiles looked back at Liam. "Hey! Trying to have an adult conversation over here."

"All right, you're two years older than me. And I'm fine," Liam replied. The three of them made their way over to Liam. "Just let me go."

"It's not that we don't trust you," Scott said.

"It's that I don't trust you," Stiles finished.

"But after that last full moon. . ."

Liam rolled his eyes. "It was one slip up."

"Slip up? A dozen calls to the Sheriff's Department about a 'monstrous dog-boy running around the streets of Beacon Hills naked'. That's a slip up?" Stiles questioned.

Luna looked at Liam, cocking an eyebrow. "Why were you naked?"

"It was really hot out that night, okay?" Liam answered. "Let me go."