Chapter 16 ~ Tracy

"Oh, I should've got a haircut," Dad said quietly while he fixed his hair in a mirror.

"Well, you know someone your age should be happy you still have hair to cut," Stiles replied. Luna's head shot to her brother and she hit his arm.

Scott walked over. "I think you look great."

"Well, thank you, son I should have had," Dad responded. Scott smirked and looked towards Stiles and Luna. "Oh, what the hell am I doing? This is a terrible idea." Dad began to mess with the collar of his shirt.

"What, Dad. . . Dad, it's one date, okay?" Luna said, fixing the collar of his shirt back up.

"The town of Beacon Hills won't implode while you're out with one woman," Stiles continued. He glanced at his sister and raised his eyebrows. "Or man," he said as he looked back at their dad.

"It's a woman, Stiles."

"Okay."

"A very beautiful woman."

Luna narrowed her eyes. "What beautiful woman, by the way?" she asked. He had never told her or Stiles who he was going on a date with.

"None of your buisness. Any of you," Dad stated, glancing between the three of them. Luna raised her arms in surrender.

Stiles looked at his sister and best friend, then back to Dad. "I want to know."

Just then they all heard a shout. "Stilisnki! Stilinski!" Dad walked out of the office, Luna, Stiles and Scott following close behind. There stood and criminal whom Luna didn't know being held back by two officers. "I'm going to kill you."

Luna growled in her throat and Stiles pushed her back.

"Donovan, if you think that shocks me, remember it was well-documented in your Anger Expression Inventory. Deputies, escorts the prisoner out."

"I'm not angry like I'm gonna throw a brick through your window. I'm angry, like I'm going to find you, I'm going to get a knife and I'm going to stab you with it until you're dead."
Luna watched the boy with a weary eye. She dug her claws into her palms. He continued. "And when you look at me and you ask me why, remember right now. Because this is why."

They all stared at the boy. "Wow, that was awesome," Stiles commented sarcastically, his arms crossed over his chest. Dad looked back and him. "That was awesome. That was great. Will you do one more? Give us another one, maybe like Christopher Walken this time, you know." The boy didn't react. "Okay, you know what? It's fine. You'll have plenty of time to work on it when you're in a tiny, little cell, you know. Just stuck there, forever."

The boy began to turn around, soon turning back and trying to run at Stiles. Luna stepped forward in anger, feeling her fangs growing in.

"Luna," Scott said quietly, grabbing her arm.

"Get him out of here!" Dad yelled. The deputies walked him out.

"What the hell's an Anger Expression Inventory?" Luna questioned. She felt her nails go back to normal and stuffed her bloody hands in her pockets.

"It's a test you take when you're applying to become a deputy," Stiles explained.

"That guy wanted to be a cop?" Scott asked.

Stiles nodded. "At least now he's getting a full law enforcement experience."

~~

Scott, Stiles and Luna sat in the Jeep, trying to start it. With their luck, the engine kept sputtering.

Stiles grunted in anger. Scott watched him carefully. Stiles glanced at Scott. "It's anxiety."

"What is?"