Chapter 44 ~ Juniors

The summer felt like it lasted a whole ten seconds. The Skin Walkers had disappeared for a bit, showing small signs that they were still there like leaving dead animal carcasses at Liam's back door. Luna wasn't sure exactly what to think about it. All that she could think about since Scott had left was the fact that she was the new Alpha, meaning that she had to start making decisions for the whole pack and not just herself. She had to make decisions that everyone agreeed with, which seemed much more easy when Scott did it. She realized that sometimes it was better to be a Beta.

After grabbing her schedule from the main office, Luna met up with Kenzie, Damian and Liam by Damian's locker. She smiled as she approached them, pecking Liam's lips and standing next to him, Liam wrapping his arm around their waist, the two of them in their instant clingy state. Damian and Kenzie still weren't going out, and quite frankly, Luna didn't know what was taking so long. Damian had even slowed down how many girls he slept with since he met her, making Luna that much more curious.

"So, how's the responsibility with being the Alpha going?" Damian asked.

Luna furrowed her eyebrows, scoffing. "Responsibilty? What's that?" Liam chuckled, shaking his head.

"Well that answers that question," Damian mumbled. "What classes do you have?" Before Luna could answer, the nosy boy snatched the paper into his hand. Liam tensed slightly, growling lowly under his breath. Luna glanced back at the protective boy, then looked at Damian, who was reading over her schedule. "Algerba 2, English 3, free period, gym, and woodworking. And then, tomorrow, you have Algebra 2, English 3, free period, forensics, and psychology." He looked up, his nose cringling on disgust as he handed her the schedule back. "Gross."

"Well, we have algerba, forensics and English together," Liam smiled, placing a gentle kiss on Luna's forehead. Luna smiled, feeling her cheeks heating up slightly.

Damian raised his eyebrows challengingly. "Yeah, well, I have free period, gym, woodworking, psychology and algerba with her."

"Great," Luna mumbled, rolling her eyes. The bell to first period rang, Kenzie saying bye before going to her first class. Luna looked between Damian and Liam. "Let's go to math, I guess."

~~

After spending the first two periods together, Luna and Liam had to part ways until C Lunch, which was during fourth period. During free period, Damian and Luna walked out back, sitting by the soccer field, which was the field that Coach used for gym class. Luna looked up at the gym class came walking out, seeing none other than Liam in shorts and a muscle tee. Damian followed her gaze, groaning and rolling his eyes when he noticed Liam.

"Am I going to have to deal with you sitting here drooling over Liam every other day until the end of this semester?" Damian asked, annoyed. Luna peeled her eyes off of Liam, looking over at Damian and scoffing.

"I'm sorry, but have you seen him?" she questioned, looking back over at Liam. "Because. . . damn. . ."

Damian shook his head, not able to help but laugh at her response. "I mean, come on, do you really still have to stare? I'm sure you've seen that body working plenty of times throughout the summer." Luna rolled her eyes at him.

"Actually, we weren't really around each other a whole lot this summer," Luna corrected. Damian furrowed his eyebrows, knowing that the move wasn't like them. Luna noticed his confusion and continued. "His family went on vacation for a week, I spent a lot of time at the hospital with my dad, and then I had to attend the horseback riding camp at the stable, which was over two weeks long. It was just a busy summer."

"Speaking of your dad. . . How's he doing?" Damian asked, his head tilting ever-so-slightly. Luna sighed, looking down at the grass she was sitting on.

"He's still in a coma. The doctors don't even know what happened to him, but the wounds that he received, that should have at least healed a little bit, didn't even start healing," Luna explained. "He's been in the coma so long that they're not sure if he's ever going to wake up from him."

Damian furrowed his eyebrows. "Do you think that he was attacked by a skin walker and that's why they aren't healing?"

Luna shrugged. "I guess that's a possibility." She looked back at the gym class, seeing Liam currently dribbling a soccer ball down the field. She then turned back to look at Damian. "At this point, all we can do is hope for the best."