Chapter 14 ~ Holes

Later that day, Luna walked down the hall, spotting Liam standing by the library doors, his ear pressed against the door. She couldn't help but to chuckle at how much of an idiot the boy looked.

"What are you doing?" she asked.

"Shh!" Liam hissed, his finger on his index finger. Luna put her hands up in surrender. Suddenly, Liam turned, a smirk plastered on his face. "Come on!" He grabbed Luna's hand, pulling her outside to Stiles Jeep. Luna sat in the back while Liam sat in the front, holding a paper, waiting for Stiles. When Stiles sat down in the drivers seat and started the Jeep, Liam spoke. "What's a Criminal Tremor?"

"Howdy," Luna smiled. Stiles startled, glancing between the two. He turned to Liam, snatching the paper, causing Liam to flinch back.

"It doesn't matter," Stiles replied, throwing the Jeep into reverse and backing away.

~~

Stiles ended up bringing Liam and Luna into the middle of nowhere, using the two of them to stalk Theo. He was parked in the middle of the woods, opening his car trunk, grabbing a package, shutting the trunk door, turning and walking into the woods.

"I told you he was up to something," Stiles whispered, looking over at them.

Luna rolled her eyes. "We just spent three hours watching this dude play video games in his bedroom."

"He better be out here covering up a mass murder," Liam continued, finishing Luna's thought.

"Let's find out," Stiles said. They began to follow Theo from a distance, ducking through the bushes. "You still got his scent?"

"Don't need it," Luna replied, following Theo's footprints in the mud. Liam suddenly stopped walking, glancing behind himself. Luna stopped next to Stiles, both of them turning to look at him. "What? What's wrong?"

Liam sighed at himself. "I forgot, I was supposed to meet Mason at the school gym."

"Okay, why didn't you just tell him?" Stiles asked.

"Tell him what?" Liam questioned.

"Anything," Stiles stated.

Liam sighed. "I can't just tell him anything."

"Why not?" Stiles inquiered.

"Because I haven't. . ." Liam started, pausing and stuffing his hands in his front jean pockets. "I haven't told him everything."

Luna furrowed her eyebrows. "Still?"

"We said it was okay," Stiles added.

"Yeah, I know, but isn't not that easy," Liam replied. He shifted his weight onto the opposite leg. "It's a lot to accept."

Stiles took a step towards the anxious boy. "He watched Luna and I's dad blow up a Berserker with a land mine. I think the groundwork's been pretty thoroughly laid for acceptance. Scott and I have been through this. Okay? More than once. It's always better when they know."

Stiles and Luna turned, continuing to walk. Liam sighed, taking out his phone. "But what if he freaks out?" He began to follow. "What if he doesn't want to talk to me? What if he tries to stab me with something silver? Or what if-" Luna turned when his sentence was cut short with a thump. Liam was gone. She began to walk back to find him, when her feet slipped from under her, and she fell into a hole in the ground, landing on Liam. "Well hello there. Welcome to my humble abode."

Luna stood, mud dripping off of her body onto the ground. Liam stood. "Well, it could be worse."

"How could it be worse?" Liam questioned, his eyebrows furrowing.