2. Fame, Fortune and Unhappiness

A/N: Second flashback added 29/08/14 Happy Birthday to  Liam Payne! :D

Harry’s POV

”Haz, you up for a game of FIFA?” Niall asked, walking over to the dining table where I was sitting alone.

“Not tonight.” I said. I wasn’t in the mood for video games. I wasn’t in the mood for anything, really.

“Honestly? You used to love playing FIFA. What happened there?” Louis came over to back Niall up.

“I’m just tired.” I wasn’t looking at them. I just kept looking down, playing with the small flower hair clip in my hands. It once belonged to someone I cared deeply for. It once belonged to her. To Alicia.

“You say that all the time. What’s wrong? Aren’t you getting enough sleep?” Zayn asked from the couch.

“Not really.” I clicked the clip open, and then clicked it closed again.

“Suit yourself. If you change your mind, just tell us.” Louis said, shrugging at Niall.

“Sure.” I said quietly as they walked away. I didn’t want to play FIFA anymore. Not since I remembered that it was me and Alicia’s favourite video game…

Flashback

“Whatcha wanna do, Harry?” Alicia asked, flopping onto my family’s couch.

“Fancy a game of FIFA?” I asked, smirking.

“NOOOO!!!” She complained. “I suck at FIFA.”

“But it’s our favourite game.” I pouted.

She rolled her eyes, but she was smiling. “Good point. Let’s play.”

I set up FIFA and we began to play. Alicia got into her game-talk mode.

“Eat my dust, Styles.” She was concentrating fully on the game, her tongue sticking out a bit.

“You wish. You don’t even know anything about football.”

“That doesn’t mean I can’t beat you.”

“That’ll be the day.” With one slick move I scored a goal. I saw Alicia’s mouth drop open and I burst out laughing.

“How did you do that?!?” She demanded.

“Simple football knowledge.” I said after recovering from my laughing fit.

She swatted at me.

“Hey! No violence!”

She smirked. “Or what?”

“Or I’ll get the tickle monster to come and pay you a visit.”

Her eyes widened. “Nevermind. I’ll stop.”

I smiled to myself as I took the game off pause. Alicia hated being tickled.

“Eat my dust, McKay.” I said when we started playing again.

“Copycat.” She mumbled, trying to figure out how to score a goal.

In the end, I won the game. For about the hundredth time.

“YES!” I jumped up and punched the air.

Alicia threw a pillow at me. “I’ll get you next time.”

---

That happened only a few weeks before she moved. I smiled sadly. Alicia loved playing FIFA, even though she didn’t even know how to. She just liked to make the people run around and she was lucky if she ever scored a goal. Now, everytime the boys invite me to play FIFA, I get reminded of that time. I forgot it after a while, but I just remembered one night before we were about to play, and I ended up rejecting. I haven’t seen her in 5 years.