46. New Arrival

A/N: OMFG 2000 reads?! Damn that's craZY!! Last chapter up :) Enjoy!

Alicia’s POV

Something told my eyes to shoot open. Darkness still covered the room with its shadowy colour. The only lights visible were the faint rays of the street lights along the road.

I didn’t know what time it was, or why I was suddenly wide awake. However, as soon as I came to my senses, I understood why. I was soaking wet down below, but not in that turned-on way. In that I-think-I-wet-the-bed way. But I knew I hadn’t wet the bed. Because I was beginning to feel this painful pressing in my womb, and I wrapped an arm around my watermelon of a stomach with wide eyes.

My water just broke.

“H-Harry…” I said fearfully, turning my head towards his sleeping form beside me.

He didn’t react. He just moved his head a little and mumbled something I couldn’t hear. The pain was getting worse, and I winced, shutting my eyes tightly and biting my lip as I tried to fight the groan escaping from my mouth.

“HARRY! HARRY!” I suddenly yelled out, no longer able to hold in my screams.

Harry stirred, and his eyes opened. I felt myself beginning to sweat as he squinted at me.

“Alicia? What’s-“ He began.

He was interrupted by my pained scream and heavy panting. As soon as he realised what was happening, his sleepy eyes snapped open in alarm.

“Shit. You’re in labour.”   

He scrambled out of bed and began to throw on some clothes, keeping a close eye on me while doing so.

“M-Mommy? Are you OK?” A sleepy voice asked from the door. “I heard you screaming.”

Harry and I both turned to the door, and saw Tasha, holding her favourite doll and rubbing her eye.

“Tasha…” Harry began.

Tasha looked at me holding my stomach, and her eyes widened.

“Is the new baby coming?” She asked.

Harry nodded before turning to me. “We’ll get you to the hospital, Alicia. Hang in there, love.”

I nodded weakly before wrapping both my arms around my stomach and groaning.

“Tasha-get your mother a blanket from the hallway cupboard.” Harry instructed.

Tasha nodded. “OK, daddy.”

She ran off as Harry finished getting changed. He walked over to me, and helped me off the bed.

“Can you walk?” He asked me, his eyes full of worry.

“Y-Yeah.” I stammered painfully.

He slowly guided me towards the door, and Tasha came back, holding a blanket in her arms.

“Here you go, mommy.” Tasha tried to hold it up to me, but it was a pretty heavy blanket for someone of her small size.

Harry took it from her and wrapped it around me.

“I’ll hold your hand, mommy.” Tasha said, taking my hand. I nodded and tried to smile, but the pain was overwhelming.

Harry and Tasha helped me downstairs and outside into the cold night air. Harry opened the car door for me as Tasha helped me in the passenger’s seat before climbing into the back seat herself.

Harry started the car and drove to the hospital as fast as he could. I tried not to scream too much in case it would throw him off-guard from his driving, but it was hard, because the baby in my stomach was pressing painfully. I curled up and silently begged my arriving child to stay inside me until we got to the hospital.