21. R.I.P

A/N: Sooo, I guess my updating schedule is every 4 or 5 days or something. Or maybe not ;) 

Anyway, saddest part so far :( But there's cute Halicia bits in it so hope you like!

Long chapter, and there's a lot of time-skipping, as you can see by the asterix :)

Alicia’s POV

My eyes opened to slits the next morning, but ended up opening all the way because they caught sight of the morning sunlight through the curtains.

Harry’s arm was across my stomach-hugging me from behind. I smiled as I lazily slipped my fingers through his. Then I propped myself up on my elbow and turned to face him. With a cheeky smile playing on my lips, I ran my finger slowly down the middle of his forehead and down his nose.

I could tell he felt it, because he started smiling. My finger moved down to his lips, and I gently traced the shape of them. This time he chuckled, opened his mouth and bit my finger playfully, making me giggle.

“Well, good morning.” He said, opening one eye sleepily and smiling.

“Hi there.” I said, smiling back and bending over to kiss him.

“Am I forgiven from yesterday?”

“Yuup.” I popped my ‘p’ like I usually did. “But Fiona isn’t.” I said coldly, my smile disappearing.

“Yeah. That’s pretty much what I expected.”

“I still think you wanted to seduce your way out of it though.” I joked.

He gave me a look.

“Kidding!” I rested my head on his bare chest.

“You know, you were pretty demanding when I was trying to prove myself yesterday.” He said, smiling.

“A-hem. ‘I’ll do anything to prove my love for you. Just tell me what to do-and I’ll do it’. Your exact words.”

“You completely took advantage of that.”

I smiled. “Maybe I did. Maybe I didn’t.”

Suddenly, we were both interrupted my mom suddenly crying out hysterically.

“What’s going on?” Harry asked, sitting up.

“I…I don’t know.” I sat up too.

“Let’s go see.”

I nodded, and he helped me out of bed as we rushed towards mom’s cries. They were coming from dad’s room.

“No…Keith, I’m not ready. Darling, please. Not yet.” My mom was crying.

I started to open the door. “Mom? What’s-“

I cut myself off with a gasp.

Because there, lying in the bed, head almost lolling off the pillow, was the ghostly pale face of my dad. His eyes were wide open, like they were in shock, and his mouth was slightly open too. There was blood all around his mouth.

“No…” Was all I could say. My eyes pricked with tears. “No…dad…”

“What’s going on?” Fiona asked, coming in.

But when she saw dad, she too, was speechless. I saw her eyes begin to go red as tears formed in them.

“Dad, you’re bullshitting me, I know you are.” I sobbed. “Dad, I know you’re alive. Stop playing.” But I knew it was just wishful thinking, thinking he was tricking us.

“It…must’ve happened overnight…” Fiona said quietly.

DAD!” I yelled right in his face. “You didn’t give us any warning! Why? Why did you do this to us?!?” I began to cry hysterically over my dad’s body. “Daddy…” I cried to him quietly, touching my forehead to his.

I felt someone kneel down beside me, and I felt the familiar, gentle grip of Harry’s hand on my shoulder. He pulled me up into his embrace as I continued to bawl.

“Fiona. Can you…get a wet towel, please? We need to…clean him up.” I heard my mom say weakly.