38. Close

A/N: Update's heeeerrre xD

Harry’s POV

I had just finished packing my bag and was about to leave the house. I slung the bag over my shoulder and made my way downstairs.

“Where are you going with that, Haz?” Louis asked. “You only use that bag if you’re travelling. Or going camping.”

“I’m going to San Francisco.” I said casually, walking to the door.

What?!” The boys exclaimed in unison.

“San Fran? When did you decide to go there?” Niall asked.

“The other day, actually.”

“Why?” Liam asked, looking at me quizzically.

“No time for questions. My flight’s in an hour.”

“What the fuck, Harry? If you think that San Fran will help you escape from your miseries, think again. You don’t escape from them unless you literally force yourself to.” Niall said.

“I think it will help me, actually.” I said stubbornly.

“What, because of all the nice American girls there? Are you trying to replace Alicia?” Zayn asked, a smile tugging at his lips.

Even though it was said in jest, his question triggered anger inside me, and before I knew it, I’d grabbed his shirt collar with both hands and pinned him to the wall, causing him to exclaim in pain and surprise.

“I would never,” I hissed, “Replace Alicia.”

“Woah. Calm down, bro. It was just a joke.” Zayn said, sounding scared.

I sighed and let go of him.

“I’m sorry, Zayn.” I straightened his shirt out for him.

“Yeah. Whatever.” He said quietly before rushing over to the other boys.

I looked around at all four of them, and they all looked pretty scared of me.

“Sorry.” Was all I could repeat quietly before walking out the door.

*                                                  *                                                    * 

I was walking around a sort of town or village I didn’t know. No-one had offered me any directions, and just ignored me if I asked. I hadn’t met one person with even the slightest bit of kindness. I began to cuss to myself, wondering what the fuck I was doing in this goddamn town anyway.

Suddenly, I saw Alicia walking by. I brightened up instantly. If anyone was going to be kind to me, it was her. I rushed over to her and grabbed her arm. She screamed and whirled around instantly.

“Harry, what’s gotten into you?!” She exclaimed angrily.

“Alicia…thank God…” I muttered gratefully.

“Alicia, what’s wrong babe? I thought I heard you screaming.” I heard a voice say fearfully.

My eyes widened as I saw who’s voice it belonged to. It was some guy I’d never seen before, with pitch black hair, a muscular figure and had Alicia’s name tattooed in an arrow heart on his left bicep.

“Who are you?” I demanded.

“I was about to ask you the same thing.” He snapped.

“Ryan, this is an old friend of mine.” Alicia began to explain.

Old…friend? Wait, what?