43. Yes

A/N: Sorry for not updating in a while, but I'm writing this other story right now (Not fanfiction--it's an actual novel) and I'm really into it. Sorry but I don't think I'll post it here. 

This fanfic is nearly finished--there are only 46 chapters plus an Epilogue. Hope you like this chapter :))

Alicia’s POV

“That’s the last of ‘em.” Jessica announced, putting two boxes down on the ground.

“Thanks, Jess.” I gave her a hug. “You’ve been such a great help.”

“You’d better be thankful for all that furniture I gave you.” She joked as she hugged me back.

“I am, really. You didn’t have to give it to me.”

“I know, but I don’t need it anymore. Jason doesn’t need anymore furniture, so all the furniture from our old place is yours, honey.”

I smiled at her after we pulled away. “Thank you, for everything.”

“What do you mean?” She asked, cocking her head to the side.

“For being my friend when I didn’t have any…for putting up with my moods when we were still at high school…” I gave her hand a thankful squeeze. “For sticking with me all these years, and most of all, for helping me look after Tasha.”

She smiled back. “No problem, Als. I was glad to do all that for you.”

We watched as Harry and Jason lifted a cabinet together and took it into the new house.

“You’re gonna be really happy, Alicia. With Harry and Tasha. I can tell.”

I smiled. “Thanks. And you’re gonna be happy too, Jess. I know you missed Jason loads.”

She smiled back, but it disappeared and she looked down. “I feel like we’re moving to opposite sides of the world. All these years, Al, I’ve been your roommate. It’s gonna feel so different without you around.”

I sighed. “I know. But it’s for the best-that me, Harry and Tasha stay together as a family.”

“Yeah, I know. I’m just gonna miss you.”

“Jason’s house is only a few blocks away from me and Harry’s. You can visit anytime.”

Her smile returned. “Yeah. So can you. To me and Jason’s house, I mean.”

I chuckled. “Don’t worry. I knew what you meant.”

“Well, that’s the last piece of big furniture carried in.” Jason said, coming out of the house with Harry.

“Already?” I asked, surprised it happened so quickly.

He nodded. “Shall we go, babe?” He asked Jessica.

“Yeah. We can.” Jessica replied with a slow nod.

“Thanks for the help, mate.” Harry said to Jason, shaking hands with him and slipping a large sum of money to him in the process.

Jason’s eyes widened at his hand. “This is like, double what you promised me!”

Harry smiled. “Got a problem with that?”

“Wow…thanks loads!” He let out a little whoop before jumping into the moving truck we borrowed from his family. “Come on, Jess!”

“You made his day.” Jessica said to Harry with a thankful smile.

“He was a big help.” Harry said, and I nodded in agreement as he smiled back.

Jessica turned to me and hugged me. “Thanks for being my roommate, Als.”

“It’s alright.” I said with another smile.