44. This is It

A/N: Sorry for not updating. Once again--I've been focusing on my other story. This is the wedding chapter. For the record I have NOT been to ANY weddings so I DON'T know how they go therefore I just guessed. Long chapter too. Sorry--wedding night's in the next chapter :p

Alicia’s POV

“OK. Open.” Jessica said finally.

I opened my eyes, and found myself face-to-face with a woman in a pure white floor-length gown with off-the-shoulder sleeves. The bodice was decorated with beads and sequins that flashed different baby pink, blue and purple colours as they caught the light of the sun shining through the window. The woman’s hair was pulled into a smooth French twist, and hanging gracefully from it was a long, lacy veil. Eyeliner and mascara adorned her eyes, as well as gold glittery eyeshadow. A soft red tone was blended into her lips.

It took me a while to realise the woman was me. I was looking in the full-body mirror in front of me.

“You look gorgeous.” Jessica said, smiling at me.

“Jess…” I began, but I couldn’t say anything. I was speechless. Sighing, I turned to her and took her hands. “Thank you.”

“No problem. It was an honour to dress you for your wedding.”

I felt tears running down my face, and I wasn’t really sure why.

“Hey-why are you crying?” Jessica asked me.

“I…I don’t know.” I laughed and gave her a hug. “I’m nervous…happy…excited…it’s mixed emotions.”

“Who cries when they’re excited?” She asked, chuckling as she hugged me back.

“Me.” I said simply, making us both laugh.

When we pulled away, I turned back to the mirror and smoothed out my dress, even though there wasn’t a sign of any crinkles. I was pretty nervous. I knew it was normal to feel nervous on your wedding day, but still. I couldn’t stop thinking about what Harry would think when he’d see me. I hadn’t seen him all day-we were both pulled away from each other really early in the morning so we couldn’t see much of each other. It’s only been a few hours since then, but it felt like years. I guessed that was normal too.

Jessica, as if reading my mind, smiled at me (I saw it in the mirror).

“Hey. Look at me.”

I turned around and faced her once again.

“Harry’s gonna love this, OK? Don’t you worry about that.”

I smiled. “Thanks.”

Her phone went off, and she opened it up and read the text. She smiled.

“It’s from Perrie. She and Eleanor just spotted your mom at the airport.”

“Really?” I asked hopefully.

Jessica nodded. “They’re gonna drive her before coming here. They said they should be back in time for the car’s arrival.”

My face fell. “I don’t get to see mom?”

“You’re gonna see her very soon, Al. Just like you’ll see Harry and Tasha soon.”

“Tasha!” I remembered my daughter and gasped. “Where is she?”

Jessica smiled again. “Don’t worry. Louis’ looking after her until the other boys arrive with Harry.”

I sighed in relief. “Thank God.”

“I’d better go wait outside for a sign of the car or Perrie and Eleanor. If I don’t see anything for a while, I’ll come back, OK?”

I nodded and she left.