Chapter 24

Lindley Hall isn't what it was on Monday morning.

The wooden entrance floor and stairs have been carpeted in a black carpet with a white trim running up either side. The initials that were on the back of the invitation are written in white on the middle of the carpet at the doors. The walls are draped in white material with blue lights shining up from the floor. Mirrored pedestal's sit at either side of the stairs at the top and bottom with crystal vases displaying beautiful white and blue floral arrangements. A thick black curtain is placed over the glass doors leading to the street as a way of maintaining privacy once guests are inside.

It's beautiful and that's only the foyer.

The male escorts lead Allison and I up the stairs and into the hall.

I have to take a double take when I step into the hall because it's simply not the same place I saw over the past three and half days. It's packed with guests mingling and soft music playing away but that's not what catches my attention.

The hall is filling darker than it is without anything in it. The walls are all draped in both black and white material with white and blue spot lights running along the rim of the draped ceiling material and the floor. The chandelier that Cheryl told me she had ordered is the main statement piece of the room, hanging directly above the dance floor in the centre of the room. It's bright enough but doesn't take away from the white starry effect that lines the black draped ceiling.

The round tables are evenly spaced around the room, making the dance floor accessible for everyone when the time comes. The floral arrangements form the foyer continue into the hall and at the tables.

Everything looks breath-taking and I'm overjoyed at how two weeks of non-stop planning has come to this.

I did good.

"An open bar is over at the side," one of the male escorts inform, pointing to the left corner of the room to the full sized bar that's been set up. "Anything you wish to drink, either the bartenders or waiters will get for you."

"Good to know," Allison grins.

We walk off to the right towards a table near the dance floor. I look round the table at the place cards, finding both Allison's and my names easily before thanking the males and takin my seat.

"Kaylee, you did a great job." Allison gushes, hugging me tightly. "Everything is beautiful."

"It's not all down to me." I smile at the waiter who places a glass of champagne down in front of me. "Cheryl helped, too."

"But you did the harder work."

"If you say so," I mutter.

I glance round the room and spot Cheryl smiling at guests as she makes her way round the tables in my direction. Her walking is quick despite her tight fitted black embellished dress confining her steps.

"Anything you need help with, Cheryl?" I ask her when she gets to us.

"No," she says a bit snappy. "I've got everything sorted. I'm just giving everything the once over."

I eye her closely. "Are you sure? You seem stressed."

"Nope. I've got everything covered. Just you enjoy yourself and if I need something sorted, I've got it handled."

With that, she scurries away into a crowd of people.

I frown as I look at Allison.

"That was a bit rude," Allison comments.