21

"I can hear you. You don't have to tip toe through the grass."

Jimin half laughed half whispered as he kept his gaze toward the river constant. Although he heard the sound of someone walking over to where he was, he couldn't identify who it was.

"Genoive?" He asked, still looking forward.

Juhee let out a sigh and decided to walk regularly, because apparently her ninja powers for walking quietly were not working for her.

"Hey." Juhee hated how she sounded nervous by the way her voice cracked. She went to the left of him and sat down about 3 feet away from him, still shy about it being just the two of them.

Jimin recognized the voice and quickly looked her way. His expression was unreadable to Juhee since his face was forecasted by the night sky. But if the night filter was switched to the brightness of the day, she would have seen the unmistakeable yet nervous smile that was tugging on the corners of his lips as he realized who had come to join him at the park.

If it weren't for the nervous jitters in her mind and body, she would've striked up a playful conversation with him by bringing up the fact that he was extremely obvious about how nervous he was to hang out with all girls that day. Or, she would've brought up the memory about the time when Jimin had slept walk all the way to the convenience store across from their dorm 4 years ago to purchase a banana milk.

Instead, the only thought that was occupying her mind during that time and place was how she would be able to find the right words and piece them together to deliver her feelings and confess to Jimin.

{Juhee POV}

How. When. How. When.

Stop beating so fast heart. You're not helping me!

"Beautiful." Jimin's sweet voice broke me away from my anxious mind as he looked up into the night sky that was spread out widely in front of us like a wide screen at a movie theater.

"Excuse me?" Because I was lost in my thoughts, I missed the context behind his comment.

Jimin kept his eyes fixated on either the full moon in the sky or the ripples in the river. I got the feeling that he didn't want to make eye contact with me. But at the moment, I was totally okay with that. Because if he did make eye contact with me, I don't know if I would be able to speak.

"The moon. Just night in general. There is something about it that is just beautiful."

He paused and ran his fingers through his hair before resuming.

"If I could be an owl, I would be completely okay with that. In fact, I'd love it. They become alive during the night." Jimin said while looking at the river. Just by the tone of his voice, I could tell that he wanted to start a conversation with me. And honestly, it would've been a great conversation starter but I...

I just couldn't think straight!

There was another moment of silence and I was starting to regret coming here since I couldn't even get my self to speak to him or carry out a conversation. Every time I tried to separate my lips to utter a sentence or even a word, my lips would rebel against me and hold fast to each other.

Finally, after gathering enough strength to counteract the rebellious force between my lips, I spat out,

"I wonder if owls laugh."

Really Juhee? Out of anything you choose to say that?

I wanted to mentally slap myself for being so lame when Jimin started to laugh.