All of a Sudden Everything is Okay

    I stood at the corner of a cross road, staring at my phone, he had sent that just about five minutes ago, so I wondered where he was

I stood at the corner of a cross road, staring at my phone, he had sent that just about five minutes ago, so I wondered where he was. Until he jumped onto my shoulders and promptly scared me so badly I nearly dropped my phone.

"Boo!" He greeted, sliding back down to the ground.

"Goodness!" I said, clutching at my heart.

"You don't like surprises do you?" Greg asked, standing in front of me, he was pretty short.

"Um, I mean. It's different for you." I admitted. "But usually, no."

"I'll keep that in mind." He promised. "So what're we gonna do? What romantic endeavors do you have planned for me Micah Halabi?"

I blushed. "I dunno, I just figured we'd get coffee and walk around."

Greg nodded. "That sounds prefect, I love it."

We got our drinks and started strolling down the street. There were people walking by and kicking up dust, but was mostly empty. The sun was setting. I lied about not having much of a plan, there was a little nature reserve up ahead that I wanted to walk though and just be alone with him.

"This is a weird question sorry, but do you feel like I've been acting weird lately? Like I feel like it's been weird for you for me to act so different." He asked. "I mean, I'm trying to be nicer to you, it's still really easy for me to get...angry, but uh, I'm trying not to."

"I mean kinda, but you always seemed so genuine, and quite frankly it's not that hard to get used too." I pointed out.

He nodded. "Okay, that's good. And, uh, all those other times I might of hurt you, I'm sorry for that."

I shrugged. "It's fine, I don't even-"

"Yes you do. I was horrible for doing that. I didn't..." He paused, trying to look for the right words. "I don't think about repercussions...a lot. I'm trying to change."

"That's...really responsible of you." I said after a bit.

"Thanks. There's also some other stuff I want to tell but," his voice cracked, "I don't know if I can quite yet. It's not that I don't trust it's just...personal."