Theatre Kids (Reprise)

A few of my apprehensions returned when it was time for play practice. I walked in at a reasonable time, except everyone was already there. There were already sitting down in the circle. I got the feeling they were expecting me, so that unnerved me a bit.

"Hey guys." I said weakly. "You've probably heard what happened."

"Yeah we did." Maria scoffed monotonously, blowing a large bubble of gum.

"I'm really sorry about that, I'm sure Isaac didn't mean it like that." Abe tried to apologize.

"It's alright." I shrugged, sitting down.

"About Greg?" Alex asked, as if there was more than one rumor about we going around.

"Yeah."

Arthur just frowned. "I knew you guys were friends, but it would have never occurred to me that you were dating."

"He's actually my soulmate." I announced, it felt good to say it finally.

"Really? This whole time you've been queer and you never told me?" Alex asked incredulously.

"Yeah." I waved slightly. "There you go, hi, I'm bi."

Alex snorted and Arthur glanced over at him, turning red slightly.

"The point is." Julia rolled her eyes at the boys. "We're not the kind of people who will judge you because of that."

"Definitely not." Maria agreed.

"I mean, come on Micah, we're theatre. This kind of stuff is almost to be expected." Alex pointed out.

"Thanks." I replied genuinely.

"In fact..." Alex glanced around at us nervously. "I uh...while we're on the topic..."

"Spit it out." Maria demanded.

"I have a crush on a boy!" Alex said quickly. "I'm pan."

There was a stunned silence, Maria's bubble gum popped. I blinked in shock. Wait what? Alex too? Arthur and I locked eyes from across the circle and he paled.

"Wait...what?" He inquired.

Alex blushed and pulled at his shirt collar. "I like guys too, and gals, and non binary pals."

Maria look unimpressed as usual, Julia just looked confused.

"Was that not obvious to everyone else?" Abe glanced around.

"Does anyone else want to spontaneously come out too?" Julia waved her arms around in exasperation. "Am I the only straight person here?"

"Nah." Abe replied.

Arthur stood up so suddenly it scared me. "I'm bi."

Julia's mouth gaped open like a fish. "Anyone else?"

Alex's jaw dropped. "No way!"

Arthur, still standing, looked over at him. "Yes in fact...Alex...do you want to go out with me?"

"Only in drama." Julia muttered under her breath.