The Kiss

I was looking forward to seeing Abby today. I had been so caught up with Greg that I hadn't seen her all of spring break. It was kinda strange, and I missed her.

"Wake up sleepy head, we gotta go to school." I shook Greg lightly.

He screamed gently into his pillow. "Augh."

"Better hurry if you want bathroom privileges."

His head shot up and he screeched again. "What do you mean bathroom privileges, Micah we're dating not siblings."

"Thank goodness, that would be awkward."

He look so very confused. "It's to early for this."

Ten minutes later we were off to school. We ended up being late because my mom was busy, so we missed Abby. I bit my lip, this wasn't a good start to the day.

She wasn't at lunch either, which is when I started to get worried.

"Do you think she's avoiding me?" I asked Greg, picking at today's macaroni in a stressed fashion.

"Abby? That's ridiculous." Greg frowned. "Do you think Julia would avoid me?"

"No...?"

"There you go. Neither of our platonic girlfriends are going anywhere." He reasoned.

"Huh. I guess you're right." I realized.

Greg suddenly looked over my shoulder, an I heard footsteps approach. I glanced behind me to see Arthur hesitantly standing there, looking extremely unsure of what he was doing. He tensed up when I turned around.

"Hey..." He started, awkwardly, glancing between me and Greg uncertainly.

"Hello, come sit." I patted the spot next to me.

He relaxed, somewhat, and set his lunch tray down next to mine. He started to eat, still looking very embarrassed.

"Sorry." He started. "I don't really have anywhere else to sit. My friends kind of ditched me after I broke up with Julia."

"Their loss." Greg said only a little less blunt then usual.

Arthur smiled, just a bit. "So is he...is he like...with us?"

He glanced to me, and it took me a while to decipher. "Queer? Oh yes. Greg?"

"I'm gay, and willing to accept you into our friend group." He started. "but if I find out that your using this information to ruin our reputation, well, my reputation-"

"Ouch." I snorted.

"-then I'm going to personally make sure you regret it." Greg finished, throwing him a look.

Arthur looked slightly stunned. "Y-yes sir."

"That's what I want to hear." Greg nodded, he smirked slightly at being called 'sir'.

Arthur fiddled with his fingers, lunch momentarily forgotten. "Well...I guess since we're doing this....I should...like come out or something. So, um. I'm bi."