Too Much Drama For Me

I felt sick in the morning. I probably shouldn't have gone to school but I wanted to see Greg and Abby.

"You know, that was really brave of you." My mom commented as she drove me over.

I didn't say anything. We had talked it over a bit in the days following the weekend. I had a bruise under my eye. She however was on board with everything. I had just told her that his name was Greg, because I didn't want her to contact his parents and then putting Greg in danger. All she knew is that her son was bi, and his soulmate's name is Greg. She appreciated me opening up. My dad had tried to text me a few times but I ignored them for the most part. I wasn't ready to deal with that yet.

Greg gave me a concerned look when I walked over to meet the two of them.

"What happened to your eye?" He asked, even though I knew he had already guessed half of what happened.

"My dad hit me." I said miserably.

Abby blinked in surprise. "Why?"

"I did something stupid and told them I was bi."

"Have you had that for two days and you didn't tell me?" Greg fussed, trying to get a better look at my face.

Abby was still blinking in disbelief. "Was this about you guy's date? Your family called mine and I thought it was a good excuse. Oh my God Micah I'm so sorry."

"It's okay, turns out my mom isn't a jerk. I've been staying with her." I brushed it off. "I'm mostly just tired."

Greg's brow was still creased with worry, and anger. "You sure you're doing okay?"

I shrugged it off. "Honestly, I'm fine. I swear. Besides," I leaned into Greg in sort of a half hug, "You would know, or I would call you."

"And he doesn't even like calling people." Abby added. "I still feel terrible, this is basically all my fault."

"You guys stop, it's all our faults okay. Everyone was involved." I sighed, shaking my head. "I'm alright now, that's what matters, and you guys are still my friends."

"Boyfriend." Greg corrected.

"Right, boyfriend."

Abby looked back in between us curiously. "Are you officially dating now? That was fast."

"Well we already know we like each other." Greg pointed out. "What's to wait for?"

She shrugged. "I guess in the perspective of dating your soulmate, this is a reasonable amount of time."

The bell rang and students were starting to file into the school. Greg leaned forward to peck my cheek real quick before we went in our own direction. I wouldn't see him again until play practice.

Play practice sucked that day.

"What happened to your face?" Julia asked, as soon as I walked in.

"It's a long story." I sighed. "I don't want to talk about it."

Alex glanced at me every few seconds while Mrs. Freida gave a rundown of what we were practicing that day. I could tel he was worried, and would demand a full explanation as soon as we went up onto the stage to practice.

"We'll start where we left off last time, Romeo and Juliet's parents have just discovered their corpses, and about to completely regret forbidding them to be together, get to your places everyone."

"Hey." Alex asked me, as we both walked off to stage right. "Are you-"

"Hey, Halabi!" Arthur called suddenly, appearing on our side of the stage.