Adieu

"You think we should get married?' Greg asked.

I blushed. "Um, I guess."

"You guess?" He raised an eyebrow, taking my hand as we continued our walk.

"I've never though about it before."

"I think it would be really sweet." He started. "We could either do one black and one white tux, or both in criminal amounts of rainbow. You can help decide."

"You've put a lot of thought into this." I smirked at him.

He gave me a look that said well duh. "Micah I've been thinking about this since we first kissed."

"Well first let's just get jobs." I chuckled.

"First, as soon as I turn eighteen, I'm gonna get my name legally changed." He began again. "Then I'll get a job and save up for top surgery."

"We can both do that." I assured. "We can go get an apartment in New York, go to college, then I'll get a contract with a musical producer and become famous like everyone tells me I'm gonna do. I'll make insane amounts of cash, you'll get your top surgery, and we can get married."

"That's sounds a lot easier on my part." Greg laughed.

We need up sitting on a beat up fence on the side of and old road. Greg leaned against my shoulder and played with my hand, I had the other wrapped around him. This was both cute, and assured if one of us fell off the fence, the other would follow.

"You want to go to college?" Greg asked. "I mean, duh. You probably want to go to an acting school."

"Do you know what you want to do?" I inquired, running my fingers through his sandy blonde hair.

He shrugged. "Honestly, I've been so caught up with just staying mentally healthy enough to get through the day, that I didn't even consider it. I didn't even think I'd make it this far. I know I want to do like...activism. Maybe art. Maybe public speaking. I'll experiment."

"That's cool."

Greg look at me with his cotton candy blue eyes, and leaned in again. It was a soft kiss, but it was different. We were safe, we had made it. The whole world was ahead of us, we were young, wild, with voices that we wanted heard. This was a kiss that marked the beginning of something new. A battle had been won. It had been rough, blood had been spilled, but we survived. Now we had the rest of life left together. Greg kissed me like he never had before, we both knew it. We both knew that whatever happened after this, we would always have us. We would always have this.

Then we both fell off the fence.