Alex Has a Problem

Next time I saw Alex, something was definitely off. He forgot a lot of his lines. He got a good scolding from Mrs. Freida about that.

"Sorry Mrs. Freida." he said nervously.

"It's alright, just make sure you study extra hard, alright?" She sighed, looking at her copy of the script. "Lets move on."

I caught him after practice was over. "You doing alright?"

"Oh yeah, I'm doing fine." He laughed quickly. "Why wouldn't I be?"

"You've been acting off, literally." I explained. "Is it because of that stuff I told you yesterday?"

As soon as I had gotten done talking to Arthur I had called Alex, because he was relevant to the situation. I had left out the part where I told Arthur to at least consider widening his horizons. Arthur hadn't acted any different today, he didn't want to hang out. He was kind of quiet actually. Mrs. Freida had pointed it out.

"No...it's something else." Alex sighed, as we zipped up our backpacks and got ready to leave.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I raised an eyebrow.

He bit his lip. "I think I found my soulmate."

I blinked in surprise. "Whoa, congratulations? Why're you so off about it?"

"They don't know." He grimaced. "And I'm not sure, I said I think."

Suddenly a very short but menacing presence made herself known to us.

"H-hi Maria." Alex blinked, casting me a confused look.

"What up, nerds. I hear you're having a problem." She huffed, flipping her hair out of the way.

"Uh..." Alex stared at her in distress. "Yes...?"

She gestured for us to come closer, like she wanted to whisper something at us. In reality the two of us just had to lean down, but still.

"Now I'm going to be completely honest with you..." She started.

"Are you going to give me advice?" Alex asked in obvious doubt.

"No, shut up. I'm going through the same exact problem and Micah always looks like he has everything together. Help." She admitted.

I frowned. "You're both aiming to me...for relationship advice?"

They nodded in unison, staring at me expectantly.

"Oh...oh boy." I sighed, scratching the back of my head. "I'm not sure I'm the best person to-"

"But you're already in a relationship." Maria pointed out.

I froze and my heart skipped a beat, and promptly dropped into my stomach in one fell swoop. "What?"

"What?" Alex added.

"I've seen you gush over your phone." Maria shrugged.

I sputtered. "That could mean anything! You have no proof-"

"You got a text, squealed, and clutched your hands to face, blushing madly-" She listed.

"Now that just sounds like fanfic." Alex grumbled.