The Wonderful Julia Woods (Reprise)

I stared at my phone in shock when my dad's phone number suddenly lit up on the screen, he was calling me.

    Crap, what do I do?

    "Is that your dad?" Greg asked, seeing as I had frozen up and he was leaning against my shoulder, where he could easily see my phone.

    "You're dad's calling you?" Abby piped up, frowning.

    "What should I do? He hasn't tried to call me before now!" I panicked.

    It had been almost a week, and the bruise on my face had almost gone away, but it was still there. More importantly the feeling was still there. Did I even want to forgive him?

    "You gotta hear what he has to say." Abby gasped.

    "Yeah, and if he's starts talking trash you can tell him to suck-"

    "Greg." I interrupted, not wanting to know where that was going.

    I tentatively pressed answer and held it up to my ear.

    "Micah?" It was his voice all right, he sounded serious.

    "Yeah?" I replied, trying to sound annoyed.

    There was a but of silence before he continued. "I'm sorry, I've been thinking about what you said and...about you a lot. I still love you, you know that?"

    "You have a funny way of showing it." I was surprised when it came out of my mouth, I usually wasn't this...confident.

    Greg made eye contact with me and he squeezed my hand gently, which gave me a surge of happiness.

    "What I did was disgusting and wrong and if I had the chance to regrow it I would in a heart beat. It shouldn't matter who you love, you're still my son."

    My mouth was dry, my heart was beating. My hands were shaking and I wished I had taken some valium before he called. I couldn't think of anything to say.

    "You've made me realize I'd rather just have my son back, safe and happy, then straight and never see you again. I mean that. I'm sorry it took me so long to realize this. I love you so much, and I'll support you in everything you do. I'd love to have your boyfriend over for dinner if that's okay." He finished.

    I was drowning in waves of relief. I'm so glad.

    "I love you too Dad." I managed. "Um. Thank you. Thanks a lot. I'm not sure if he's ready for dinner yet though, Dad."

    Abby and Greg's eyes widened in excitement. It sounded like it was going okay so far.

    "Is he with you right now?"

    "You wanna talk to him?" I frowned, glancing over at Greg, who shrugged.

    "If that's alright, yes."

    I shrugged and passed my phone to Greg, who looked like he had no idea what to expect.

    "Hello...yeah that's me. My name's Gregory." He started nodding gently.

    Greg turned bright red. "S-sir! We've only been together for a few weeks."

    He nodded a few times before handing the phone back to me, looking mortified.

    "I approve." My dad said cheerfully. "Now, you probably have class to get to now don't you?"

    "Yeah." I replied.