"It's fine with me if it is fine with you"

Dave's p.o.v.
----------

Karkat grabbed me by the collar of my cape and pulled me into his room. My body jumped at the sound of the slamming door behind me.

I looked around Karkat's room and saw movie posters with actors I recognize from earth, except these had dark grey skin and troll horns, and very long movie titles.

There was a computer that was lifted by spider legs, a dark book on the floor, blankets, and that was about it. Trolls' rooms sure are barren. Maybe it's just because they had to retreat to this meteor that they don't have alot of stuff.

"My eyes are down here, asshole. Stop looking around." Karkat says with a harsh tone.

I look down at his dark eyes. The sclera of his eyes were not white like a human, but a pale yellow. His dark hair hung messily around his face and stuck up at strange angles. His lips were a darker tint of grey against his skin.... They looked.. Soft.

Oh fuck what am I doing. I quickly look away from him.

"Hey, wise guy? What the hell were you doing, just now? You were looking at me all weird." Karkat snapped his fingers in my face. "'Alternia to fucking Dave'! Damn, you are dumber than I thought."

"Oh, it's nothing. Sorry. It's just that you guys look alot different than us and I am trying to get used to it. Man, I just arrived here 15 minutes ago, give me a break." I sound a little bit more rude than I attended, and I get a nervous feeling in my stomach.

"Well, ugh... J-just don't be a snoop and don't get in my way. It's irritating enough just creating your planet."

I pause for a moment. Oh ya, that is right.. He did.. Fuck this is confusing.

----

Karkat's p.o.v.

----

After I give him the 'run down' of how to not mess with my shit, Dave continues to stare at me. Ugh, when will he stop zoning out?

I awkwardly stand in front of him as his eyes start to look up and down my body. I press my lips together and stiffen my shoulders. Is he still trying to get used to me? ... Ugh I guess I will just let him look. I mean, he hasn't ever seen me before so I guess it's fine..?

As he looks at me, I look at him. Wow, how the fuck is he so bright. His skin is so pale and his hair so light. I look at his subtle freckles and tall build. He is about maybe 5 or 6 inches taller than me, which makes me feel smaller than I already am.

Dave then walks around me and looks at my back. "What the fuck-"

"Shh, I am just a separate species, examining another." Dave interrupts.

I make a heavy sigh. "Just don't fucking pretend you are a higher being than us. You humans are so fucking weak you dont even kno-"

"I said shh." Dave says again. He then lightly lifts up one of my arms and looks at it. My stomach feels like it is about to float away, and I start to feel more nervous.

He walks around and faces me again. His eyes seem to be distant and the corners of his mouth slowly turn to a grin. He then lightly lifts up my chin so that he could look at my neck. I frown and look away. Humans are fucking weird.

He then brings his face centimeters away from my neck and I can feel his warm breath on me. Then he ... Sniffs me?!

"What the hell. Are you sniffing me? Is that how you humans say hello? Like a fucking 'dog'?"

I hear Dave chuckle lowly, "no. I am just messing with you." he looks back up to me and my face starts to heat up because of how close he is to me. "If it's alright with you, then it is alright with me. I would like to continue my investigation. Like all detective - and shit. You don't know what is coming."

...what? What does he mean? "Uh... Sure?" I say slowly, and I see him start to part away from his grin and his mouth becomes relaxed. Through his glasses, I can just about see his eyelids closing.

Then his hand rests on my shoulder and he tilts his head to one side and his lips touch mine. My eyes widen but I am still confronted by his closed eyes. He is kissing me? ...what..? T-this isn't part of an investigation... This is... This is kissing!!!