What is this feeling?

Terezi's p.o.v.
----

I walked around the barren and cold halls twice now. The only person I've passed by was Feferi, and she was just trying to find a transportilizer to the Computer Lab.

I've checked in the Common Room, the Alchemy Lab, the hidden rooms of library shelves, I have smelled in Equius's room, but I kept my distance from Karkat's. Still no sign of Strider.

Damn, aren't we supposed to have that frivolous dance party by now? I have been practicing my sick moves. The choreography I had down was nothing a human has ever laid eyes on.

But the more I search around the compound, the less determination and interest I have in finding him. Maybe it could wait.

I make a final turn to the Common Room to make one last check, but he still isn't there. Instead, Vriska is standing up against a chair with her arms crossed, staring at a wall. I slowly walk up to her and smell tears in her eyes.

Her head turns to me and she wipes her eyes with a frustrated huff. "Damnit, what are you doing here?" He says sharply.

"I was looking for Dave, have you seen him?" I ask her.

"Have you checked the alchemy lab?"

I sigh. "I've checked everywhere."

Vriska taps her boot on the floor. "Everywhere?"

"Well.. Except for Karkat's room-"

"Then check there! Wow, Terezi. You've got to solve your own problems!" Vriska lectures. "You won't make it through this space dump if you don't!

I angrily stomp up to her so that I am a foot away from her face. Then I squinch my nose up in disgust for the pa-zazz I am going for. "Well, why were you crying, huh? I smelled those salty tears from meters away!"

A nervous feeling flooded over me when I got a scent of blueberry off of her.. Her.. Blood? I can't smell the color unless if she has an open wound, what happened?

"..Vriska, are you bleeding?" I ask.

Vriska laughs nervously and shakes her hands in front of her face. "No! No! Of course not. Damn, Terezi. Do you really think I would 8e such a wimp-"

"I can smell it." I frown. "The..., beautiful aroma of blueberry pancakes, or muffins... Your pick." I smirk at her intimidatingly.

Vriska tenses up. "Then I won't disregard your assumption of my tears. I won't tell you why I was crying, but I will give you the privilege in knowing that it is true that I did."

"Alright." I say. What do I do now? I have no other way in antagonizing her, and neither does she. She has basically laid down her weapons and stepped away with her arms up. So now it is my turn.

I decide that it is no longer my place to make any more metaphors on the matter.

------
Vriska's p.o.v.
------

Damnit. I shouldn't have been crying over Tavros in the first place. I need to own up to what I did and get over it. I can't believe she has seen me cry, too! Today is just not going well.

But.. For some reason I cant help but stare at Terezi's face. I've never noticed how nice and soft her hair looks...

Fuck what am I thinking.

"Well, I guess I won't bring it up." Terezi says in defeat. Then she tilts her head to a side. "But why are you bleeding?"

Oh gog. She is still going to 'investigate' that portion of the subject. I hold my wrist with one of my hands behind my back casually, feeling the slight stinging pain of the fabric scraping against my skin.

"Oh, I just tripped and fell over or whatever." I brush it off.

Terezi sniffs the air again. "You are covering it, trying to hide it, aren't you?"

Damn, that nose of hers better stop snooping. "I'm not trying to hide it, I am just protecting it from the germs you might put on it."

Terezi scoffs and grabs my wrist. I hiss at the stinging pain of her sudden and forceful movement. "S-STOP!" I stammer but she has already pulled down my sleeve and started to sniff along the cut.

Then her grip starts to soften and she slowly shifts her gaze to mine. "Did you do this to yourself?"

"I fell." I say again. My heart is pounding in my chest as I am looking at it.

"Don't lie to me, Vriska." Terezi puts her face close to mine. "I can smell it, it is dancing all over your skin. I can smell your lies, Vriska."

Jeez, that is kind of scary, the way she puts it.

I don't say anything. And Terezi looks away from me and back at the cut. She sniffs it again and then she runs her thumb across the line, collecting the blood on her fingertip. Her touch makes me hiss as it once again stings.

She then licks the blood off of her thumb and frowns. "Yup. Definitely blueberry."

My shoulders rise up uncomfortably as she faces me again. Her expression looks... Hurt? How could she be so upset?

My face starts to flush a little when her face comes even closer to mine again. I gulp. "Er.. Terezi?"

"Damnit, Vriska. Don't do this to yourself again." Terezi holds my arm sideways and with her other hand, she supports my elbow.

I blush even more intensely and my stomach floats when her lips kiss my wrist, and then she looks back at me.

"Wha-"

"DON'T DO THIS EVER AGAIN, DAMNIT! HAVE MORE RESPECT FOR YOURSELF, I KNOW HOW MUCH YOU LOVE YOUR ENTITLEMENT, WHY...WHy would you..." Her yell breaks to a low and emotional mumble. She looks down and away from my gaze. Her grip on my wrist shakes a little. "Don't ever make me do that again, you hear me?" I realize that she is talking about the kiss she made on my cut.

Before I can stop her, she runs out of the room. What is this feeling?

-----
Terezi's p.o.v.
-----

Why would she do that? How can she make me do such a thing? Damn, why did I kiss her arm?! What was that feeling in my chest?

Why do I feel so worried?