T H R E E

"He's here," Gandalf announced.

     Gandalf walked to the door, opening it revealing a Dwarf with Black hair and dark eyes. I had seen him before, 8 months ago when I bumped into him. If I had any idea he was the same guy that Gandalf spoke of, things would be different. I am assuming this is Thorin Oakenshield.

     "Gandalf," Thorin walked inside, "I thought you said this place would be easy to find, I lost my way twice. I would not have found it at all if it wasn't for that mark on the door." He spoke.

     "Mark? There's no mark on that door, it was painted a week ago." Bilbo exclaimed walking over to Gandalf.

     "There is a mark, I put it there myself." Gandalf told him.

     I leaned on the archway watching this go down, Fili and Kili were sort of next to me, just a bit closer to the scene. 

     "Bilbo Baggins, allow me to introduce the leader of our company; Thorin Oakenshield." Gandalf introduced.

     Thorin looked at Bilbo as he crossed his arms, "so this is the Hobbit." Thorin looked Bilbo up and down, obviously sizing him up. "Tell me, Mr. Baggins. Have you done much fighting?"

      Oh, this'll be good... Bilbo looks like he hasn't done much of anything honestly. He's too gentle for this type of thing.

     "Pardon me?" Bilbo asked.

     "Axe or sword, what's your choice?" Thorin asked after walking around him sizing the poor Hobbit up. He stood still waiting for an answer.

     "Well, I do have some skill in conkers if you must know but I fail to see why that's relevant." Bilbo answered.

     "I thought as much, he looks more like a grocer than a burglar," Thorin said.

     A few Dwarves laughed for a second, then, I saw Dwalin walk up to Thorin and he whispers something to him. Gandalf saw that he gave me a look as if to say 'its time'. Thorin looked over to me. 

     Thorin gave Gandalf a look before walking up to me, I expected some kind of anger or something like that. But no.

     "I'm Thorin Oakenshield, you must be our Fae." Thorin put his hand out to shake.

    I looked at Gandalf and he nodded, I shook Thorin's hand. "My name is Serena," I told him honestly.

     "But, her maiden name is Fae," Gandalf spoke up, "much like yourself, Thorin. She is from the royal blood line of her kind." 

     "As long as there's peace between us, we won't have a problem. None of us." Thorin gave a stern look to his men, especially Dwalin. They all nodded agreeing.

     "Agreed," I nodded.

~~~~~

      We all sat in the Dining room, I sat next to Gandalf. Since, everyone already ate, only Thorin was eating. He had manners, obviously, since he is a prince or a king. I'm not sure which one, honestly.

    "What news from the meeting in Ered Luin? Did they all come?" Balin asked Thorin.

     "Aye, Envoys from all seven Kingdoms," Thorin answered.

     "And what did the Dwarves of the Iron Hills say? Is Dain with us?" Dwalin asked.

     Thorin sighed disappointedly. "They will not come," he answered looking at them with the same disappointed look. "They say this quest is ours and ours alone."