T E N

After talking to Elrond for a little while, he left to go talk to Gandalf. I decided to change, I had been in these clothes for a good week... I changed into something I used to wear a lot when I lived here //outfit above//.

   I decided to go join up with the Company. I walked down the corridor, to where they were eating supper. 

    The first person I saw was Bofur, he noticed me.

    "Serena! I thought you disappeared!" Bofur said standing up.

    "Did Kili and Fili not tell you?" I asked and Bofur looked over to Fili and Kili who were throwing stones at each other. "Oh, I see."

    "Serena, join us, please." Gandalf said as he walked by, Elrond was with him, and so was Thorin.

    They sat a small table out on the balcony. I sat down as well. Knowing this was going to be a long chat. Well, at least Thorin isn't being rude anymore.

    Elrond held Thorin's elvish blade that he got from the Troll cave. 

    "This is Orcrist, the Goblin-cleaver. A famous blade forged by the High Elves of the West, my Kin." Elrond gave it back to Thorin, who seemed surprised that Elrond would give it back, "may it serve you well." 

    Gandalf handed the other sword he had gotten from the Troll Cave for himself. "And this is Glamdring, the Foehammer. Sword of the King of Gondolin. These were made for the Goblin wars of the First Age." Elrond said as he handed it back to Gandalf.

     "That isn't all, Serena, show him." Gandalf ordered.

     I pulled my bag out and took out the two ancient books and the map. Then, the sword. He touched the books and opened one.

    "These are history books on Faeries... The only one that anyone knows of was not destroyed. How did you find two more?" Elrond asked.

    "We are not entirely sure," I answered.

     He sighed as he closed the book. He picked up the map and opened it. He seemed shocked at what he saw.

    "This is an ancient map. Showing every old Fae stronghold. If you went there today, they'd just be broken rocks. The only one that wouldn't be would be the great abandoned castle. Most of it is broken and unstable but it is a sight to see." He explained.

    Elrond gave me the books and the map back, I put them back in my bag. Then he grabbed the sword. He pulled it out, memorized by the metal like everyone else...

    "I've read about this sword once before... It was the sword of the Fae Queen. Legend said that it was destroyed along with her. But, here it is." Elrond explained.

     "Does it have a name?" Gandalf asked.

     "Blackfyre was the name. It was known to make Orcs and Goblins freeze up at the sight, long enough to kill them. It is yours now," Elrond gave it to me and I smiled as I put it back on my belt.

     "How did you come by these?" Elrond asked.

     "We found them in a Troll-hoard on the Great East Road shortly before we were ambushed by Orcs." Gandalf answered.

     "And what were you doing on the Great East Road?" Elrond asked.

     Thorin looked up not wanting to tell any Elves of anything.

~~~~~

THIRD PERSON

     They stood in the hall outside, Serena was no longer with them. She decided that it's their business. So, it's just Gandalf, Thorin, Elrond, and Bilbo and Balin who are just tagging along for the sake of Thorin's stubbornness.