six

Betty's POV: This morning, I woke up like the same old me again. Depressed, emotionally tired, and my head was pounding. I actually thought that this time I would get away with it. At least for one day. But I guess I was wrong. Like always.
When I woke up, I rubbed my eyes. They were itching, and irritated from all of the tears I had let out last night. I pulled my covers off of my sweating body, and went into the bathroom. I looked terrible. From my hair being in tangles to the blackness on my eyes. My cheeks were dark red, and my stomach was twirling in circles.
I jumped in the shower, and ran my fingers through my hair. I let the water run down my face, calming down my head. When I was finished, I got out and removed all of the faded blackness under my eyes. There was no surprise that my cheeks were still red and my head was burning hot, so I got on new pajamas and pulled my wet hair up.
When I got downstairs, no one was home. My mom shouldn't have worked today, but she may have gone in anyways. My stomach was grumbling, so I ate a cookie.
When I was halfway done with it, the bell rang. I walked over with my half-eaten cookie and opened the creaking door. "Hello?" I said before looking who it was. "Betty?" I heard. "V!" I said. "What happened to you?" She asked me while walking in. "What do you mean?" I asked her while grabbing another cookie. "First off, you're binge eating cookies. Next, you look like you have the flu." She said. "I'm fine." I said while looking down. "No. No you're not." She confirmed. "V, stop." I tried. "Betty, wants wrong?" She asked while feeling my head. "Your head!" She said. "It's burning up!" She added. "Whatever." I tried to brush it off. "You need to tell me if anything happened." She said. "Nothing happened." I tried again. "You are the worst liar." She said while smirking. "Tell me!" She demanded. I rolled my eyes. "Fine. I went for a walk last night." I said. "Go on." I took a deep breath. "Jughead happened." I said. "We ran into each other and he practically sold me to Archie." I said. "And no. I don't like Archie." I said. "Oh." She said while taking it all in. "Go upstairs and lye down. I'm calling your mom." She said. I grabbed two more cookies and left for my comfy bed.
Jughead's POV: I was sitting in Pop's with my book that was going no where. Ever since last night I couldn't write a single word. Every time I entered a word onto the screen, the backspace didn't allow it. Writers Block. The thing every writer hates. I'd finally managed to get a few words in, and then I saw someone walk to my table. My dad. "Haven't been seeing you lately. You sleep then go out of the house." He said. "Yeah. Nothing really to do." I said. "Come with me." He said. "What? Why?" I asked him. "Just do it." He said while walking away carrying a bag. I followed, not knowing what was happening.
He took me around Pop's, to the very back. "Can this hurry?" I asked him, wanting to write. "Sure." He said while reaching into the bag. He then pulled out something I didn't even think once about. It was a Serpent jacket. "Dad.." I began. "No. Let me talk." He said. I silenced. "I'm giving this to you, not to persuade you to join, but to help you." He said. "I know you haven't had the best experience with the jacket, or luck, but....will you at least take the jacket?" He asked me. I walked up to him and slowly took the cold leather into my hands. I shook my head, and with that, he walked away. And I did too.
Until something stopped me. There stood Veronica, with her jaw dropped to the ground. "Veronica, what're you doing?!" I asked her. "You took it!" She said. "Yeah. I have eyes." I said. She rolled hers. "I'm so telling Betty." She said while walking away. "Don't! Wa-" I stopped myself. Maybe she's better off knowing. More lies will just make it worse. "Aren't you going to try and stop me?" She asked. "No." I said. "And on that note, I have somewhere to be." I said.
I arrived at Polly's group home. I didn't care if Alice said no. I was doing this if she liked it or not. I texted her, and said, "Go to her group home. If you don't show up, it's because you don't care." And sent it.
I was waiting for a couple of hours now, and the thought of the new jacket crossed my mind. What was I going to do? I didn't want people I know -Betty- that I was in the Serpents. But she was one of them too. What would she think?
          Just then the doors opened. In walked Alice Cooper.