sixteen

Betty's POV: I once met a boy. A dark haired boy, who was a writer. Dark and mysterious. You never knew what he was thinking, or feeling. He would always be alone, near the shadows. But little did I know, that he was hurting.
He was slowly giving up. Thinking every moment should be his last.
Jughead's POV: I met a girl. Blonde, with the most beautiful eyes. She was beautiful. She covered her true feelings with happiness, but she was really dying inside. She was screaming inside, while smiling on the outside. There was sunshine, and darkness within. And little did I know, she was slowly bleeding her hearts lies. She really wasn't "ok".
<><><><><><><><><>
Betty's POV: I felt his lips up against mine, and it felt like I melted into a million pieces. When he pulled back, we stared at each other. We realized what we thought. Desire. We realized what we felt. Love. And we realized who we were. Each other's happiness.
"I really like you." I said. He smiled, and said, "I really like you too." I realized it was getting very late, so I jumped up, off of the ground, Jughead slowly following. "My mom is going to kill me!" I said, and helped him up. "Let's go." He said.
"Are you sure you'll be ok alone?" I asked him. "I'm sure. My dad will be home soon." He said. My eyes glanced down to his wrist. "What're you gonna say?" I asked him. "The truth. I don't want to lie anymore." He said. "Me either." I said, and walked out into the night.
When I got into my front door, I tried to slowly shut it. "Betty!" I heard. I shut it carelessly, and got ready for an argument. "I was out late, I get it. But Jughead needed me, and I was there for him just like he was for me. So please, don't say anything." I started going up the stairs, waiting for a response. It was silence. I turned around, and my mom was gone. I looked around, but she wasn't there. In silence, I continued up to my room.
I couldn't help but think about Jughead. If I wouldn't have gotten there in time, I would have found him. Knowing my feelings, I would have died, too. I told him, if he had anymore feelings like that, to text or call me. So I know he'll be safe. And I trust him .
Jughead's POV: I felt normal. Except for the pain in my arm, of course. Betty was the piece that was still missing. I wasn't completed without her. She was always close to me, but not close enough. And when I kissed her, I felt my missing piece. I still want to protect her from me, but it's most unlikely. It's so hard, not getting what you want. I just have to be sure on whatever she wants.
I remember the day after we met her for the first time. Archie was throwing his football at me, and I wouldn't catch it at all. I eventually got a good throw, but not towards Archie. It went into Betty's yard.
-Flashback-
"Jug, I dare you to go get it!" Said young Archie. "What? No!" I said.
"You're the one who threw it!" Said Archie. "You're mean!" I said. "No, you're mean for telling everyone I like Cheryl!" Said Archie. "And if you wanna start rumors about me, then I will about you." Archie mischievously smirked. "No!" I said. "Jug likes Betty!" He yelled. My cheeks got red, and I looked away. "Hi!" Said a voice. We both turned and Betty was holding our football. "You know, it's very hard to read when you guys are screaming." She said, and threw the ball at Archie. "Shh!" She lifted a finger to her mouth, and walked back into her house.
-End-
I smiled at the memory, and knew I liked her since the very first day. She began to fall for Archie when he gave her his milkshake for free. Her cheeks got red, and I began to get farther away from them. I would write instead of talk, and Betty would always ask me what was wrong. She knew nothing.
But now, here I was, after just kissing her. And she actually let me. She liked me. And I hoped she would forever, just like I would. 

Thanks for the sweetest message! chatagonzlz