twenty - one

Jughead's POV: I reached for my phone in my pocket when it buzzed. Betty. "Please come back." - Betty
          I didn't want to go back, and it wasn't because they were talking about me. Just because I left didn't mean it was about me. They were talking about Betty. When I shoved my phone back into my pocket, I heard a knock at the door. It had to be my dad, because I hadn't seen him around lately.
I heard faint whispers when I put my ear up to the door, but didn't recognize one voice. I only heard my dad's. I grabbed the old handle, and opened the door to a crack. "Hey, Dad." I said. "Who were you talking to?" I asked him while opening the door fully. "Jughead..." he smiled brightly. He reached for something off to the side of the door. My eyes widened in happiness, and I leapt toward and hugged the girl. "Jellybean!" I said proudly.
Betty's POV: I'd texted Jughead five times now, and he wouldn't answer. I was becoming worried, but didn't let myself get too worked up. He may be sleeping, he may be writing, or he could have even left his phone at Pop's. I let my thoughts take over my mind too much.
"Hey, Betty." I heard. "Hey Poll." I replied while she sat on my bed by me. It took her a minute to get fully adjusted and comfortable, seeing as her stomach was even bigger now. "Looks like they'll pop out any time now." I said. She laughed, and rubbed her stomach again. "Are you nervous Polly? You know, because you have to take care of them alone?" I asked. "Of course not. You're their godmother. What could go wrong?" She asked. There I went again, off into my thoughts. I was thinking about the worst things that could happen, and it made my stomach tighten. How will I even have any kids of my own if I can't even handle my sisters kids? "Don't think too much, Betty. You'll worry yourself." She said. "So how's it going with Jughead?" She moved on. "He ran off. I think Veronica and Archie made him mad." I said. "Did you follow him?" She asked me. "What? Why?" I asked. "That's what your supposed to do. No one I talk to gets that you have to follow the person." She said. "He seemed like he wanted to be alone, though." I said. "Uhh, he wouldn't be in a relationship with you if he didn't want you by him." She said. "I guess so." I said while looking out of my window. "Anyway, I wanted to ask you what you think the genders will be." She said while smiling. I thought. "Two girls. Kinda like us." I said. She looked at her stomach, and stroked her thumb where her belly button was. "Well, I gotta go." She said. "Ok, Poll." She'd made it to the hallway when I stopped her. "Hey, Poll?" I asked. "Yeah?" She asked. "Do you miss him? Jason?" I asked her. "Of course I do. That's why you never wait too long for the right thing to happen." She said. "Bye Betty."
          I ran for my phone when I heard the ding that alerted me when Jughead texted me.
Betty? Are you there? -Jughead
I'm here.
...
Guess what? -Jughead
Where'd you go? What'd they say? Are you ok?
...
...
I'm ok. But... I have good news! -Jughead
I'm so sorry I didn't go after you!
You're so stubborn. -Jughead
No I'm not. Are you sure you're ok?
I'm not, because you won't listen! It's important! -Jughead
Ok, what is it?
My dad brought Jellybean home with him! I didn't even know he was going to visit. Somehow he got my mom to agree to her staying for a few weeks! -Jughead
That's amazing! When do I get to meet her?!
Soon. Very soon. -Jughead
         I was so happy when he'd finally texted me about his little sister. Maybe she'd make him happy, and help him forget about all of his problems. It'll be good for him. My thoughts were interrupted by a yelling Polly.
"BETTY!" I heard. I ran down the stairs as fast as I could. "Polly, what's wrong!?" I asked her. "B-babies." She said. They were early, that's all I have to say. "Where's mom?" I asked her while grabbing my keys. "You're gonna have to call her on the way to the hospital." She got out quickly. I helped her to my car, in hopes nothing would go wrong.