thirteen

~One Week Later~
Betty's POV: "Betty? Are you in there?" My sister asked. "Yes." I said. "You've been in there all week, shouldn't you come out soon?" She sounded concerned. I walked to the door, and opened it. "I have good news!" She said. "What is it?" I asked her. "Me and mom went to my appointment for the baby, and guess what?" She said with a huge grin. "I'm having twins!" She hugged me, and I hugged back. "That's great Polly." I said. "What does mom think about it?" I asked her. "She's handling it." She laughed. "Well, now there will be two babies to take care of." I teased. "You have to help me!" She said. "I will. You have mom too." I said. She hugged me once more, and then stared at me. "You sure you're ok?" She asked. "Yeah. I'm fine." I lied. I wasn't fine. She sweetly smiled and walked downstairs with her now huge belly.
          Polly's POV: I grabbed my coat, and headed straight toward Pop's. This was getting ridiculous. I was tired of seeing poor Betty all alone. And I was going to confront this Jughead.
           I walked into Pop's, and Pop gave me a smile. "Hi, Pop." I said. He waved and continued cooking. I looked around on the right side of Pop's, but he wasn't there. I looked on the left side, and there he was. He saw me, and I saw him. I walked up to him and sat down. "Jughead?" I asked him. He just shook his head. "Do you not have any idea how bad Betty is doing right now?" I said kindly, but with determination. He just stuttered, trying to talk. I raised my eyebrows. "Thats what everyone is saying. But she's the one who walked away from me." He said quietly. "When a girl walks away from you like that, it means go after her." I said. "I wanted too. But I couldn't move." He said while stirring his coffee. "Ok." I said. He looked at me. "Do you love my sister?" I asked him. "And don't lie." I threatened. He looked away, and said, "yes." I smiled lightly at his response. "So tell her." I said. "I can't. I'm just going to drag her down with me." He said. "Love always works out." I said, and smiled at him. I got up to leave, and he said "Thanks." I smiled and walked out.
           Betty's POV: I was reading when I heard a ding. I grabbed my phone, and saw one unread message.
Betty? -Jughead
Jughead.
I'm sorry. -Jughead
I know you are. You don't have to apologize.
Yes I do. -Jughead
No you don't.
Yes I do. -Jughead
Why don't we just drop it?
And never speak about it again?
Yeah...okay. -Jughead
Okay.
Bye.
Bye. -Jughead
          The things I had just sent him hurt me more than anything. I hoped he would do the opposite. And not forget. I didn't want him to forget about anything. Most of all I didn't want him to forget about me.
         Jughead's POV: I turned my phone off, and continued writing. My eyes wouldn't focus on anything other than the keys and the words that were forming.
          I'd completed several pages when I felt someone sit next to me. I slowly looked over, and there sat Betty. I was speechless. "Betty?" I said. "Jughead?" She asked. "What're you doing here?" I asked her. Her gaze fell off of me, and onto my computer screen. "What're you writing?" She asked me. "Words." I said. She gave me a look, and read a page. I tried to grab the computer from her, but she blocked my hand from even touching it. I gave up, and put my head in my hands. "Juggie." She said while putting the computer back. "Why is this about me?" She asked. "And why does it go back all the way to when we were in your treehouse?" She asked. I looked at her. She looked down and bit her lip, like she always does. "I-I've been writing it ever since you fell asleep at the Drive In. And when you woke up, I was in my treehouse." My eyes started watering. "You've been...writing this all that time?" She asked me. "Yeah. I have." I said. "Why? Why about...me?" She asked. "There's so many other things you could write about..." she said. "Because, Betty. You and Jellybean are the most important people to me." I said nervously, not making eye contact. After a minute I felt a hand resting on mine. "Thank you." She said, and walked up to Pop. I pushed my computer toward me, and wrote the feelings that were going through my head at the time. I'd written all of my feelings, from the first page. I'd written the most important memories yet. And she had no idea they were so important to me. She still doesn't. I closed my computer when I saw her coming back. She sat across from me this time. She sat down two milkshakes, and pushed one towards me. "Drink up." She smiled, and I could feel my smirk. This would be in the story too, and we both knew it.