twenty - nine

Betty's POV: "Sweetie, you're pregnant." She said. I laughed, and said, "Of course I'm not." The nurse gave me a sympathetic look, and patted my shoulder lightly while she stood up. "We double checked." My smile began to fade. "We suggest you take a few tests, and then we'll be in more contact." She said. She waited for me to respond, but I didn't. "For the baby." She said, and walked out of the room that now suddenly felt cold, and tiny. It made me feel alone, even though there was a huge chance there was a baby in the room with me.
I didn't know what to do, of course, because I'd never been in the situation. I sat back, and cupped my face. My shaken hand grabbed my phone, and dialed Veronica's number. "Veronica speaking." I heard. I opened my mouth to talk, but failed. "Hello? Anyone there?" She said. "Whatever." I heard the call end, with a little click. And then, all I heard was silence again. A knock at the door startled me, and interrupted my thoughts. "Betty, it's time to go. Come on." Said Cheryl. Silence. "Betty, I know why you're here. It's no secret." She said. I got to my feet, and softly walked to the door, and opened it. I hugged Cheryl, and the smell of her expensive perfume took over my face. "It's ok." She said. "Let's get you home." She said kindly.
I wasn't used to hearing Cheryl speak like this. She was actually sympathetic, and not sarcastic. When she felt sorry for someone, it wasn't serious like she was now. She looked as confused as I was.
When we walked into my house, Veronica stood with her arms crossed in front of my staircase. Cheryl bit her lip. I raised an eyebrow. The clock ticked back and forth.
"Betty, you're dead." She said. "What?" I asked her, trying to look innocent. "I'm not stupid." She walked towards me and Cheryl. "And Cheryl's still not good at keeping secrets." She said. "I know as much as you do now, Betty Cooper. But the only thing we should be worrying about is how you're going to tell Reggie." She added. My mouth dropped open. Cheryl looked away, trying not to laugh. "What's so funny? Is Reggie dead or something?" She didn't joke. I rolled my eyes. "V, we only dated for like, two weeks." I said. "Exactly. So how's he going to handle it?" She asked me. I rolled my eyes again. "Veronica, get the point already!" Demanded Cheryl. "Not Reggie's kid." She was relieved to get it out. This time, Veronica's mouth dropped open. "Betty! He won't even talk to us." Said Veronica. "Yeah, he won't talk to you guys. Im an exception." I said. "Woah, since when?!" Argued Veronica. "My friend too." She said under her breath. "Ok, ok. Shut up." Said Cheryl. "I don't hang out with you two because of this." Said Cheryl while tapping her foot. "Then why do you? Are we your best friends?" Asked Veronica teasingly. "No. Let's just figure this out." She tried to change the subject. We all stood in our little circle, each of us looking around the house, thinking.
Out of the corner of our eyes, me and Cheryl saw Veronica smirk.
"I have an idea."

                ////One more chapter!!!