twelve

Betty's POV: When I walked off, my heart was beating out of my chest. I found a huge tree, and sat behind it. My back slid down the tree stump while I was crying. "Who knew that Jughead Jones would cause this much pain in my life..." I thought to myself. I knew that for now, I was my own comfort.
Jughead's POV: I watched her run until I couldn't see her any longer. She just poured her own heart out, and I just stood here and watched her leave. I closed my eyes, and let everything sink in. Betty loves me. Or did she love me? I had to ask her, if only she didn't just run off. I was an idiot.
Betty's POV: My phone vibrated in my pocket, so I pulled it out. "Betty? Are you ok?" I heard Veronica ask. "Polly told me that you went to Jughead's." She added on. I couldn't talk. All she heard were probably muffled cries. "Oh no, Betty. What happened?" She asked me. "Can you just come get me? Please?" I asked her. "Of course, yeah." She said, and I lowered my phone.
Minutes later, Veronica pulled up. "Betty! You didn't tell me where you were!" She said out of the window. She got out, and helped me up. "Let's get you back." She said, and opened the car door for me.
           "Betty, are you sure your ok?" I heard. "I'm fine." I looked out the window. "Betty, I'm  not some stranger you just met. I know there's something wrong." She said. I watched as the rain slid down my window. "Whatever." I whispered. Veronica walked up to my vanity. "Are you serious? You're officially love sick." She said. I turned around and saw her holding a picture of me and Jughead. We were at the Drive In, when it was still running. "Give that back, V." I tried grabbing it. "Nope. Not until you tell me what happened." She teased while putting the photo behind her back. "Fine. I told him I love him." I said. She gasped. "What'd he say?" I rolled my eyes. "I wouldn't let him talk. I just ran." I said. She handed the picture back to me. "Betty, you should have let him talk. Maybe... he might feel the same way?" She asked. I looked down at the picture of the two of us. We were happy. Jughead was looking at me while laughing, and I was blushing. Archie was behind us, holding up bunny ears on both of our heads. "How long ago was that?" She asked me. "Uh..." I thought. "I'm actually not sure." I said. There was no date on it. "Here, I'll put it back." She grabbed it, and took it back to my vanity. "So..guess what?!" She said. I didn't answer, I just looked at her. She tilted her head, and said. "Come on, Betty! This is important to me." "What?" I asked. "Archie and I had a moment..." She said. "And it was amazing!" She finished. I smiled. "I knew he still liked you." I said. We both laughed, and then I looked down at the floor, remembering the picture. "He was right, I was so blind back then. He had feelings for me, and I was too in love with Archie. We were both in the same situation. Waiting, and waiting, and waiting." I said to myself. "What?" She asked. "Huh?" "You realize you just said that out loud, right?" She asked me. My eyes widened. "It's only the truth." She rolled her eyes at me. "Anyways, Archie and I are planning on going on our first...second date." She said. "First second date?" I asked her. "It's our first date, the second time dating." She said while running her hands through her hair. "Hope it works out." I said, and I cuddled up in bed. "Scoot over." Veronica said, and got next to me. "You know, nothing's going to happen if you don't try." She said. I turned to look at her. "V, I told him I love him today!" I argued. "Yes. But did you give him time to say anything?" She asked me with a raised eyebrow. I got quiet. "......no." She put her hand on my shoulder. "If you do love him, then why're you just sitting here?" "Shouldn't you be out trying to get him back?" She asked me. I didn't answer. "You know what? Just think about it, B. I gotta go." She said, and walked to the door. "Bye." I said. She smiled. "Bye."
         Jughead's POV: Even though Archie didn't seem like the best person for advice, he was my only..."male" friend. I walked up to his door, and knocked three times. Fred opened the door. "Jughead! I wasn't expecting you here!" Said Fred, being the happy man he always was. "Well, here I am." I said. "Archie's in his room. You can go right ahead up if you'd like." He offered, and I walked in.
          "Arch?" I asked. His door creaked open, to reveal not just Archie, but Veronica. "Oh." I said. "Hey Jug!" Said Archie. "Sorry for interrupting." I said to mainly Veronica. "Oh, no, it's ok. I was getting bored anyway." Said Veronica. Archie looked at her offensively. "What? We have nothing to talk about." She said. Archie playfully rolled his eyes, and motioned for me to sit. "So, what's up?" He asked me. "Oh, I know!" Said Veronica. Veronica could be annoying sometimes. Extremely annoying. But, she was good with feelings from what I've seen so far. She was just...out there. "It's about Betty, isn't it." She didn't ask. "How'd you know?" I asked her. "Uh...no comment." She said. "What about her?" Asked Archie. I ignored him. "Was she talking about me?" I asked Veronica. "Again, no comment." She said. "Jug, is this about how I kissed Betty?" He asked me. "What?!" Said Veronica. "Don't be mad at Betty, she's the one who told me to go after you." Said Archie. Veronica rolled her eyes, and looked at me. "Is it?" Asked Archie. "What do you think?" I asked him. "I'm sorry." He said. "But I like V now." He said. "I was sitting right there. You could've went somewhere else." I argued. "Not to mention she's mine." I regretted those words. They both stared with wide eyes. "Just...never mind." I said. "What do you wanna know?" Veronica said in a worn out voice, with a light smile. "I don't know. Did she say anything about me?" I asked her. She laughed. "You're all she talks about." I took a breath. "Does she still...like me?" I asked her. "You mean, love?" She raised an eyebrow. I rolled my eyes. "That's for me to know and you to find out yourself." She teased. I gave her a dirty look, then said, "thanks guys." I walked out, and left. Before I got down the stairs, I heard them talking. "Betty is torn." I heard Veronica say. "I know. She barely wants to go to Pop's anymore." Archie said. I ran down the stairs and outside.
          I looked over at Betty's house, and through her open window. After a minute she appeared. My heart ached when I saw her. She was looking out the window, staring at Archie's house. Before I went to move, her head turned towards me. She didn't move, just froze while she tightened her fists. "Betty, don't do it." I said in my head. She wiped an eye, and then unclenched her fists. I took a breath of relief, and then we both walked away.