ten

Betty's POV: Me and Jughead ran when the rain took over the hours ahead. We'd reached an area where there were trees completely covering all of us. "You know, I've missed the endless rain." I said. "Really?" He asked me. "Yes." I said. Before he could say anything else, his phone startled both of us. "Hello?" He asked into the phone. "Ok." He said. "Ok." He said again. "I get it, Dad." He finished off by hanging up. "My dad's worried. I should be getting home." He said. "Oh....that's ok." I said sweetly, with an innocent smile. He smiled, and then walked away. I watched him until he disappeared behind a bundle of swaying trees. I sat down in the grass with my back up against a tree. I looked down at the grass, but instead, my eyes caught my arm. It was stinging, so I rolled up my baby blue sleeve. I saw my cuts, and it reminded me of the hospital. The sad, gloomy, blue hospital. I rolled up my sleeves before the tears could find there way out. I took a deep breath, and picked myself up off of the cold ground. I started walking, but soon tripped over a rock that was blended in with the tall grass. "Ow!" I fell while falling on my side. It felt like I got a cut on my leg, so I went fast towards home.
          "Hey, Betty!" I heard Polly say from the kitchen when I walked in the door. "How'd it go?" She asked. I couldn't help but stare at her growing stomach. She always had her hand rubbing the very center, near her belly button. "It went." I joked. She tilted her head. "Betty." She said. "It went good until he left, and I tripped over a rock." I said. "Oh, no!" She walked up to me. "Are you hurt?" She asked. "I think I cut my leg, but I'll be fine." I said. "Oh. Are you positive?" She asked me. "I'm positive." I assured her. "Why don't you go up and get cleaned up then." She suggested. I shook my head and went to my bathroom. I sat down on the tile floor, and rolled my jeans up. I'd cut myself alright. I quickly grabbed a rag and put water on it, and I rubbed the blood off. It looked healed already, since it wasn't a huge rock. "That should do it." I said while hopping back up. When I sat down at my vanity to re start my cleaning attempt, I heard a knock. "Come on in." I said. Polly walked in, and looked around. "It's a bit dark in here, don't you think?" She asked me. I shrugged. "The light kinda hurts my eyes." I said while moving my makeup around. "Oh." She looked nervous. I looked at her through my mirror. She was nervously biting her lip, and was looking at the ground. "Poll?" I asked her. She looked at me. "Yeah, Betty?" She asked me. "Is something wrong....or..." I said. "I've been thinking. You know how the Blossoms are happy to have Jason's child?" She asked me. "Of course." I said. "Cheryl really wants to be the God Mother." She looked down. "I think she'd be a great one, Poll." I assured her. "Yeah..." Said quietly. "I just...kinda wanted you to be the God Mother." She said. I turned around to face her. "Really? Me?" I asked her. "Of course, Betty. You're my favorite sister!" She said gladly. "I'm your only sister." I said. "Exactly." She said. She raised an eyebrow. "So? Will you be the God Mother or not?" She asked me. "Of course I will Polly. I'd do anything for you." I smiled. "If anything happens to you, I'll be there for your child." I said, and continued cleaning. "Good." She said, and walked out.
         When I was about to hop in the shower, my phone rang, so I ran out of the bathroom in my pink towel. "Hello?" I asked. "Betty? Do you have any idea what's going on with Veronica?" I heard Archie ask. "No, I didn't know anything was wrong with her." I said. I heard him readjust the phone. "Are you positive?" He asked. "Yes, Arch." I laughed. "Ok then. Hey, you wanna meet at Pop's tomorrow?" He asked me. "Uh, yeah. Sure." I said. "Usual time?" I asked. "Usual time." He said, and hung up. I smiled to myself. I hung my towel back up, and let the warm water run down my face.
~The Next Day~
Jughead's POV: I walked in Pop's, and sat in my usual booth. "Jughead!" I heard Pop say. "Hey, Pop." I said. "Will it be the usual?" He asked. "You know it." I smirked, and he shook his head jokingly. I pulled out my laptop and began my writing. Writers Block was gone, so now I wrote continuously again.
A few minutes later, Pop walked over to my table with my food. "Here you are." He said, and went back to work. "Thanks Pop!" I said.
My plate was half gone when I saw two people walking in out of the corner of my eyes. I looked over. Betty and Archie. Just seeing them together made my jealousy take control. I ducked down a little, hoping they wouldn't see me. When Betty got a little ahead of him, he pulled her arm back, and she faced him. My heart got louder every second. I saw her mouth move, predicting she was questioning him. He didn't reply. Just looked at her. I narrowed my eyes. It looked like he mumbled something. That froze Betty, completely still. When she looked down, he leaned in. No. I thought. No. No no no no. His lips smacked against Betty's. NO! I was screaming in my mind. I could feel my eyes getting watery, and my cheeks getting red. I slammed my computer shut, and went out the back door of Pop's so they wouldn't see me.
Of course, in the long run I knew it'd be Archie.