eight

Betty's POV: I'm still shocked. Why would Jughead do such a nice thing for me, if we don't belong together? There's still so many unanswered questions, but so little time left to answer them. I've been thinking lately. Maybe I should confront him? It's the only thing I can come up with on such short notice.
          Jughead's POV: It has been a week, and I haven't heard from Betty. I hadn't seen her, but I have been thinking about her. It's like, I did the right thing, but there's still something missing. It's incomplete. And I don't know how to change that.
          I was walking to Pop's, and when I'd arrived I saw a blonde girl sitting inside. I couldn't see her face, but her hair reminded me of a certain someone's. if it was her, I had to face her sometime. School was starting soon, anyway.
          I walked into the door, my eyes still focusing on the girl. She didn't turn, just took a sip of her milkshake. Pop waved to me, causing the girl to turn her head. It wasn't Betty. It was Polly, her sister. "Hey, you're....Jughead. Right?" She asked me while finally turning around. "Yeah."  I said. She smiled brightly. "I've heard so much about you." She stated. I looked down. "Not bad things!" She said. "It's ok." I said. "Listen, you may be uncomfortable with this, but why'd you get me out for Betty?" She asked. "Because." I choked on my words quietly. "I wanted her to be happy." I said. She sipped out of her straw. "Ah." She observed my face. "You care about her." She looked away. "What?" I asked her. "If you wanted her to be happy, you love her." She said. "I can tell when two people are in love." She said. "I-I don't know what to say to that." I said. "Say you'll admit it." She teased. I lightly laughed. "I uh. Don't think it's going to work out." I said with a little dread in my voice. "Love always works out." I heard her behind me. I turned back towards her, and saw her facing me while holding her milkshake. Her smile reminded me of Betty's, and I started to wonder into my thoughts.
Betty's POV: Getting Polly back into the picture made my life so much easier. I had someone to talk to again, and not just gossiping, but things that stress me out. The good thing is that I don't feel alone any longer. And it's a really good feeling.
          I was watching TV when the door swung open fast. I jumped and my gaze swung over to the door, with my eyebrow raised. In walked an amazed Polly. "Woah. I forgot the door was that sensitive." She said. I laughed while continuing to search for the right channel. "You know, today I saw that boy." She said while shutting the door and sitting by me. "Huh?" I didn't keep my eyes off of the screen. "Jughead." She said. This time I made eye contact with her. "You didn't....talk to him did you?" I asked with caution. There was an awkward silence with Polly's smirk. "Polly!" I said annoyed. "Why?" I asked while turning the TV off. "Braveness?" She said. "What? That has nothing to do with it!" I said. "Why?" I asked again. She broke out into laughter. I went upstairs to my room, my question being still unanswered.
          It was getting late, so I let my hair loose, and got under my covers. "Night Betty." I heard my sister say from outside my door. "Goodnight Polly." I whispered to myself. My eyes closed, and I started drifting off to sleep. That is, until I heard a faint tap on my window. I fluttered my eyes open, and thought I was dreaming. I saw Jughead peeking into my window. My eyes almost popped out, and I got out of bed. I tiptoed over and opened the window. "What're you doing here?" I asked him. "I don't know." He said. "Well?" I asked. "You're probably wondering why I got Polly home." He said. "As bad as this sounds, I didn't do it for Polly. At all." He said while still standing on the ladder. "I did it for you." He said. Before I could speak, he closed my window and went back to the grass.
          All night, I couldn't sleep. I tossed and turned, and thought about what that meant. I'd eventually fallen asleep, only because I took 4 sleeping pills. It was too much, but nothing else would allow me to sleep.
           "Betty. Betty, breakfast is done." I heard. I opened my eyes. "Wow you were in a deep sleep!" She said. "I've been shaking you for hours." She said while sitting. "Why'd Jughead leave?" I asked her with a tear streaming down my face. "Betty...." she started. "Riverdale is a weird place." She wiped my tear. "I mean.... it snows in the summer sometimes. That's weird. That's.....Riverdale." She said. "Let's go eat."
When she said that, I had a feeling that normal people belong in a weird town. But really, everyone belongs here but me.