eighteen

Betty's POV: School. I didn't miss it. I knew that it'd be worse now, because almost every single student knew about my "problems", as everyone would say. I was nervous, but I was mostly focused on my last year of school.
          As I walked into the school doors, all eyes focused on me. The hall went almost silent, but the only noise was the few people whispering things about me. I chose to ignore it, and kept on walking. The people talking continued, sharing gossip off of their phones and passing on dramatic rumors from the one and only Cheryl, who was bound to be here somewhere.
I quickly memorized my locker combination, and put it in my locker. It opened with a creak, and I put all of my books inside. I grabbed my books for class, and shut my locker. "Hello, Betty." I heard. I jumped when I saw Cheryl hiding behind the opening of my locker. "Cheryl. Hi." I said while looking around for Veronica. "Looking for someone?" She asked. "Oh, uh, just V." I said. "So...Cheryl. What're you doing here?" I asked her. "Oh! I'm so glad you asked." She smiled. "My lockers right next to yours this year." She smiled again, but sarcastically. "Great." I said. "I heard about your little...outbreak." She said. "It wasn't an outbreak Cheryl." I corrected her. She collected all of her hair, and put it over one shoulder. "Whatever Betty." She said while looking at her "ex" minions. "What're you guys looking at? Don't you have worthless things to do?" She got mad. No one really knew why she doesn't like the two gossipers anymore. They both rolled their eyes, and then left. "This is really difficult for me. But, I just wanted to say...that I support you in this." She said. "In what?" I asked. "In your...problem." She said. "Sometimes I feel like it's the only thing left to do. But then I remember I have to be strong. For my mom." She said. All I could do was shake my head. She's never opened up to me..or anyone like that. "Just don't tell anyone. I wouldn't want me being friendly with Betty Cooper out through the whole school. Everyone's already judging me for my fathers doings." She said. She flipped her hair, and walked away.
          I was watching her as she walked away. Her curly strawberry hair was bouncing up and down with each step, and her heels made her extra tall. They were clicking against the hard floor, which made every single person turn their heads at her when she walked past them. She looked like the leader of the halls. But now that everyone knows the truth, she's not anymore. Not even close.
          I checked if I had everything for class, and realized I'd forgotten my notebook. I got back into my locker, only to hear the doors open up. I looked over, and I felt my ponytail hit my neck. In walked Veronica Lodge, and her new boyfriend, Archie Andrews.
          I felt someone ahead of me look back at me, and I turned my gaze to them. Cheryl was turned around, staring at me with a raised eyebrow. I knew what she was thinking. They're the new me. I knew it to. Cheryl then walked into the bathroom. I started to go after her, but someone tapped my shoulder. "Betts." I heard. Only one person called me that. I turned around, and saw Jughead. "Hey!" I said. "What's gotten you into a hurry?" He asked me. I looked down nervously. I was hoping he wouldn't look behind me, but he sighed at our friends, and then looked at me. "You aren't...regretting anything...are you?" He asked me. "What?" I asked him. I grabbed his hand. "Do you mean Archie?" I asked him. "Archie what?" I heard. There stood Veronica and Archie.
*sorry for the short chapter!*