twenty

Betty's POV: "Uh, we were just talking about how Archie...." I began. "How he's never at Pop's when we are anymore." Jughead finished. We both smiled at them, and they looked like they bought it. "They're right. We should all go after school today." Said Veronica. "Yeah....totally." I said. I really didn't want to go, because Jughead and I were going to hang out alone after school. "Sounds good." Said Jughead. Archie and Veronica smiled, and Archie put his arm around Veronica. I wasn't meaning to make anything of it, but he looked straight at me when he did it. Probably just awkward. "Hey, Archie?" Asked Jughead. "Yeah?" He said. "Can I talk to you?" Asked Jughead. "Sure, I guess." He said. "Alone." Said Jughead, while looking at me and Veronica. "Is it embarrassing?" Asked Veronica. Jughead gave her an annoyed look. "The only thing embarrassing is you." He said, but jokingly. "Ha, I see how it is." She said. "I'll get you back." She threatened. Jughead smiled at me, and then Archie led him away from us. "What do you think he's hiding?" She asked me, while I started walking. "It's probably...boy stuff. Like, none of our business stuff that we should stay out of." I said. "Somewhere deep down inside, I know you wanna know. What would Jughead, wanna hide from you?" She asked me. I stopped walking, and looked at her. "Something that's private to him." I said. "I would wanna know." She said. "Please tell me you're not the crazy stalker girlfriend." I said. "....I'm not." She said. "I know that face your making. And it's mischief." I said. I started walking again, only to run straight into Reggie. "Oh, look! It's Betty and Veronica!" He said. "What can Reggie do for you ladies?" He asked. "Reggie can move aside, and let me through." I said while trying to push him out of the way. "Oh that's right. I forgot that you were dating the emo kid again." He said while smirking. "Not emo." I said, and pushed through him. I heard Veronica's heels behind me. "Ignore him. He just wants attention." She said. "Yeah, and if he wants it, he'll get it." I said bitterly. "Woah, calm down." She said. "I can't when people are talking about Jughead." I said while making a fist with my free hand. "I know, but calm down a little. Jughead can handle himself." She said. I released my nails from my skin. "Fine." I said.
When it was time for lunch, Jughead was the first to be at our table. I took a seat next to him, and we waited for Archie and Veronica. "They're taking a while today." I said. "Yep." He said while typing. "And the whole school knows why." He said. "What?" I asked. "To the right, behind you." He said. I turned around, and saw Veronica and Archie. They were at "The Table". The table full of the most popular people. "There has to be a reason for it. Right?" I asked him. He stopped typing. "All I know is that they passed me right up. Archie looked me in the eye, and all he could do is wave." He said. "What about V?" I asked him. "Apologetic look." He said. "Weird." I said. "Arch did give me a really weird look today." I said. Jughead didn't answer me. "Jug?" I asked while looking up. He was staring at someone off in the distance. I looked, and there was Cheryl. "Looks like Veronica took her spot." He said while eating. "Look away she saw us." He said. I didn't look away. I felt kinda bad. She was standing there all alone, holding her food. When she saw me still staring at her, she started walking towards me and Jughead. "Oh no." He whispered. "What?" I asked him. "Always a bummer." He mumbled, and sunk down into his seat. "Hey not so perfect. Hey weird name." She said. "Mind if I sit?" She asked, and before we could answer, she helped herself. "Help yourself." Jughead said sarcastically. "I wasn't asking." She said. "Anyway, your friend there stole my seat." She said. "So now, I have to sit with...you guys." She said. "Definitely wasn't my plan. Ever." She laughed. "I'd rather sit with my ex minions." She said. "Then do it." Said Jughead. She looked at him with her eyebrows raised. "If I'm that bad, then do it." He dared. "Fine. You win." She said. "Great. Now everyone's going to add this to their why Cheryl is losing popularity list." She said. "That's not a list." Said me and Jughead, at the same time. She rolled her eyes. "Even Reggie is more fun than you both." She said. "I'm going to leave before everyone starts taking pictures." She said, and got up. "Where will you go?" I asked her. "Stay out of my business and eat with your weird boyfriend." She said, and walked away. "She's a blast." Said Jughead, and I laughed. "So what're you writing now?" I asked him. "Something fictional." He said. "Kind of out of reach." He said. "Oh. That's cool." I was dying to read it. "What's it about?" I asked him. "Now it wouldn't be a mystery if I told you, would it?" He teased. "Fine." I said.
          After school, Jughead asked to walk me home. Of course, I let him. "So are you and Cheryl "talking" now?" He asked me. "No. You know her. She's probably up to something, or trying to get out some secrets to get her popularity back." I said. "Speaking of popularity, what was that about this morning with Veronica and Archie?" He asked me. "I wasn't regretting anything, Juggie." I said. He sighed. "What's wrong?" I asked him. "Nothing. I-just-...Are you sure this is what you want?" He asked. "You could have so much, but you choose so little." He said. "He could give you way more than I could." He said. "We've already been through this. And I know my answer. It's not about what you can give me in life. It's about much more than that, and I don't care about silly things you can't do." I stopped walking. "Because all I want...is you."