fifteen

Betty's POV: I saw Jughead on the floor, holding a blade up to his wrist. He saw me and dropped it, with a million sad tears streaming down his face. I ran up to him and we reached for each other. I hugged him tightly, both of us crying. His head was resting on my shoulder, while I was holding his arm. My shoulder was getting wet from his tears, and he finally let himself pull away from me. "Juggie!" I said. "No, no, no." I said. He helped me, and I needed to help him. He held his arm, most likely now in pain. I got up and searched the cabinet, only to find two bandages. I got a cloth, and rinsed it with cold water.
           I put the cloth on his arm, and wiped the blood. I put pressure on the cuts, and then put the bandages on them. I hugged him tightly again, never wanting to let go. His head was lying on my chest, while I ran my hand through his hair.
          We both sat in the same position for the longest while. I was listening to his cries, and staring at his dried blood on my hands. Every few minutes he'd look up at me, and I would fake a smile for him. But on the inside I was dying.
          "Juggie?" I asked him. I shook him a little. He looked up at me. "You need to get up now." I held back my stinging tears. He sat up, and winced at the pain. I held out my hand to him, and he took it. I led him to his room, and he began to fall asleep as soon as he hit his pillow.
           I got next to him, and didn't make a sound. I looked at his peaceful face, and noticed his heavy breathing. His hair was messy, and his cheeks were bright red. I started crying, each tear forming a new one. It was a silent cry, not loud, not too quiet.
I began to get up when lightning struck close by, causing thunder. I jumped, and made sure he didn't wake up.
          Jughead's POV: I woke up with the familiar feel of pain. I sat up, and saw I was in my bed. All of a sudden, thoughts flashed through my head. Betty. Everything came back to me so quick, but hard to believe. I got up, careful not to touch anything with my arm. When I walked out the door, Betty was turning into the room. We both jumped. "You're awake." She said. "I am." I said. It was now dark out, and the rain hitting the window was slowing down. "You've been asleep for a while." She said. It was complete silence after that, and you could tell she'd been crying. I opened my mouth to speak but she jumped forward and hugged me tightly. I hugged her back, my chin resting on her head. "I'm so glad you're ok." I heard her say into my chest. "I know." I said. She let go, and grabbed my hand that wasn't hurt. "Come on." She said. I followed her out of the door, and out into the darkness.
          She went to an open spot in the grass, near tiny blue flowers. We both rested in the grass, lying opposite ways. Her feet were facing one way, mine the other. There were tons of stars in the sky, sparkling brightly. "Juggie?" She asked. "What?" I said. "Why'd you do it?" She asked me, and turned her head towards me. "I don't know." I said, and realized our faces were very close. "I would have never forgiven myself." She said, and looked back up toward the sky. "You know, it's hard to think that where we used to be, brought us here." She said. "Yeah." I said. "And...I'm sorry." She said. "I know I said I wasn't going to say that, but..I'm sorry." She looked back at me. I looked at how beautiful she was, the moonlight shining on her hair. "I'm sorry." I said. Her face lit up, and we made eye contact. "And don't ever do that again." She threatened. I shook my head, and leaned towards her. I closed my eyes, and felt her warm lips touch mine.