twenty - seven

Betty's POV: "Hi." I said, and he looked up at me, shutting his computer. "What're you doing?" I asked him. "This." He motioned to his computer. "Same old thing I guess." He said quietly. I looked at the seat across from him, telling myself not to sit down. "No, Betty!" I said to myself as I sat down. "Hi." I said. "You already said that, Betty." He said while raising an eyebrow. "Sorry. I'm kinda out of it lately." I admitted. "Just everything with school, and me being sick, and Reg-" I stopped myself. "Never mind." I looked down while fidgeting with my thumbs. "I'm predicting with myself that you were about to say "Reggie, the annoying jock"." He teased. "He's not-" I began. "An annoying jock? You used to think that he was." He said. "Fine. I dated him." I said. "I know, Betty. I'm not stupid." He said. "How'd you know then?" I questioned. "I was practically born in the shadows. So, I come from the shadows. I'm in the shadows, and I always will be." He said. "You didn't answer me." I said. "I was hiding somewhere where you couldn't see me, Betty." He said. "Oh." I barely said. "You said you were sick." He said. "Get some rest. I have to go now Betty." He said. "Okay. Bye." I said.
          Later that night, I was in my bed talking to Cheryl. "Maybe you should ask him if he still loves you." Said Cheryl while going through my lipsticks. "Cheryl, are you crazy? No." I said. "Fine. Be boring." She said. "Are you still going to the doctor tomorrow?" She asked me. "Yep. I hate the doctor so you're coming with me." I tried. She didn't answer for a few seconds, leaving me in a puddle of suspense. "Ok." She said. "Really? I asked. "Why not." She said, her lips now filled with a new color.
                                                                   ~The Next Day~
         Cheryl's POV: "Betty, hurry up!" I said, while flipping through her old magazine. "Hold on! My feet are sore!" I heard out of the bathroom. When she said that, my eyes flickered up. Her feet are sore. She's having morning sickness. She's eating way more. I tried to keep my heart beat down as she walked out of the bathroom. "Let's hurry." I said, and headed for her front door.
          "Cheryl, wait up! I'm out of energy!" She said as I already sat in my car. She has less energy now, too?! "Betty, what do you thinks wrong with you?" I heard her breathing heavily. "No clue. I have an appetite, that's for sure." She said. I rolled my eyes, and focused on the road ahead.
          As the doctor took Betty back into a room, I waited while tapping my foot. It couldn't be taking this long if it wasn't important.
         Betty's POV: "So, anything wrong with me?" I asked the nurse sweetly. "Yes. There is...something wrong with you." She said while writing on her clipboard. "It's not...bad...is it?" I asked her. "That's up to you, Betty." She said. "I'm confused." I said. "You're feet are swelled, you're appetite has grown. You've gained weight since you were last here." She said. I grazed my eyes around the room, thinking. "No bell ringing in there?" She asked me. "Nope." I told the truth. "Sweetie, your pregnant."