Five

"I am not getting on that," Ronnie stressed, cradling her black handbag in the crevice of her arm.

Her sister held a black helmet out to Veronica, straddling her motorcycle with a grin.

"Let's go, Ronnie. We don't have all day." Seline urged her sister, shaking the helmet in her grip.

"Why can't we let our driver take us?"

Seline sighed, sitting down on her seat, still staring her sister down. "Because all three of us can't fit on the bike."

Veronica released a half-amused scoff, crossing her arms.

"Oh, come on. Who knows, you might like it. And I promise you won't get helmet hair." Seline refused to beg, only pouting her bottom lip out as minutes ticked past.

"Fine, but if I get any sludge on my dress, I'm blaming you."

"You have my word, I'm a smooth driver."

Veronica gripped her arms around Seline's waist tightly, her cheek pressed against the back of her sister's shoulder. As the two pulled into the parking lot of the school, Ronnie lurched forward and rushed to get off while Seline sat by.

Her sister straightened out her dress, huffing as she slipped on her shoes; Seline hitched her leg off of the bike then tugged her helmet from her head, shaking her jet locks out. Jughead stopped halfway on the sidewalk, gazing out across the parking lot to Veronica talking to a girl with similar likeness.

He cleared his throat as the girls exchanged a few giggles, the older one straightening out Veronica's hair. Slowly, he picked his pace back up as the older girl crossed a bag over her chest then followed Veronica into the school.

Jughead shook his head, remembering how his father blew him off for the movies, and adjusted his hat before entering the school.

Seline followed Veronica into the front office, stopping at the front desk to get her class schedule.

The youngest Lodge raised to her tiptoes, glancing at the stacked classes for her sister's junior year.

"Huh." Veronica commented, lowering herself.

"What?" Seline raised a brow to her sister, taking the schedule and stuffing it into the back pocket of her leather skirt.

"Advanced placement really is something."

"Sure," Seline scoffed as they turned and left the office, "in any other town than this. What even happens out here?"

Veronica threaded her arm through her sister's, taking a deep inhale before spilling what happened since she's been there.

"Oh and you have to meet Betty. You'll love her, I know it." Ronnie finally added while Seline blinked in surprise.

"Everyone's a suspect, huh?"

Veronica nodded as the bell rang. "That's first, I'll have to see you later."

"Hooray." Seline deadpanned, squeezing her arm tight around Ronnie's before letting her go.

"See me for lunch?"

"Sure, introduce me to your little friends. This Archie, I've got to see." Seline smiled as she turned, bumping into a boy who gave off a dark energy.