Twenty Three

Seline's driver didn't want to cross the tracks. The sleek black car was parked firmly on the opposite end of a red striped road barricade and the driver was insistent that he didn't want to go any further after a train passed.

"You're kidding me," The oldest Lodge growled from the backseat. She picked up the cardboard box from the floor and lifted it to the sectional window. Seline tapped the box and the snake hissed, its rattle warming up from its small prison.

The driver froze, slowly turning over his shoulder to look at the box.

"Cross. Or it won't be just Hiram to deal with." Seline demanded, for the first time using her father's name to her advantage. It was sickening.

The driver shifted from park and drove as the barricade lifted, then continued to follow Seline's directions on the south side of Riverdale. She told him to stop outside of the Whyte Wyrm, then climbed out of the car with the box in tow. Rounding the front of the car, Seline leaned into the driver's window.

"Now, if my mother asks where you took me, what will you tell her?" She narrowed her eyes at the man with the snake box propped against her hip.

"The truth, Miss Seline." The driver gulped, seeing the deviant twinkle in Seline's eye. "Over to Blossom Manor to spend the rest of your night with Miss Blossom."

The Lodge girl nodded, "Good man."

She tapped the hood of the car before walking away. Once again, she stood before the Whyte Wyrm, and barged right in. Seline didn't bother to look around her, shifting through the crowd of bikers to ascend the stairs to the second floor. The bikers all seemed to stop in unison, watching Seline go upstairs to FP's domain.

The door was open and, looking inside, there was a pool table, a couple of old recliners and a worn leather couch. FP sat in the middle of the room, lounging on the couch sipping down a beer. A few of his veteran biker friends sat around him, doing the same with a couple of girls watching and waiting from the pool table.

Seline took a deep breath and sauntered in, setting the cardboard box at her feet before kicking it across the hardwood floor to FP's couch. She imitated a hiss, continuing past the girls and bikers to stop before FP. She bent down, pulled the top off of the box and leaned over FP.

"Now, who owns a snake?" She asked, placing a hand on the older man's shoulder. From behind, FP's friends stole glances of Seline only for FP to bark for them to leave.

The girls sneered at the Lodge and her forwardness, then left with the bikers. Seline called for them to wait, then shifted the snake box away from FP and told them to take it downstairs. The Hisses squealed in disgust as they held the box as far away from them as possible, going downstairs.

"What're you doing here?" FP asked, setting his beer aside as Seline slipped a knee onto the couch, then her other.

"Well, the snake, first off." Seline curled an arm around FP's neck, straddling his lap as she rode up her skirt. She leaned in to run her lips along his cheek, up to his ear, "And your snake too."

FP couldn't help but chuckle lowly, "How long had you been working on that?" His hands slithered up her skirt and rested his hands on her butt.

Seline shrugged, with her free hand reaching down to unbutton FP's pants. "Just the ride over here."

"And I thought you were spending time with the Blossoms," FP added as he shifted slightly.