Thirty Three

Seline cut her bike off in front of Fred's construction trailer, watched as FP's truck lights cut off. She wondered if he was sober enough to even drive but stayed far enough away for him to not see her. 

She didn't want to admit it but she missed him. It was a day and she felt like she slept somewhere that wasn't home. Seline sneered at the thought. 

At school, she waited behind to see Reggie start up the stairs. She whistled for his attention then led him into the empty girls restroom. 

"So you changed your mind then?" He asked with a sly smirk. 

Seline scoffed, curled her arms around his neck and pulled him into a stall. "Just shut up and kiss me." 

Reggie did as he was told and Seline shrugged his letterman jacket from his shoulders before reaching for his belt. The more she thought about what her endgame was, the more she was put off by it. 

Reggie started lining her neck with kisses, raising her leg up and sliding his hand under her skirt. Seline tried to stop thinking, only let the moment take its feeling in but she could only go back to FP tossing a bottle at her. 

She squeezed her eyes shut and only saw FP cursing at her to get away, unable to roll off of his back. The thought of him passed out cold on the floor with beer surrounding him was a recurring memory she couldn't shake free. 

"Stop," Seline squeaked out. Her hands pressed to Reggie's chest and pushed him to the door. 

She straightened herself out, wading her skirt back to its full length before combing her fingers through her hair. 

"Another time then?" Reggie asked, reaching for the back of his neck in embarrassment. 

Seline sighed then nodded before letting Reggie leave the restroom. She waited until the door swung closed then shut the stall door and locked it before she forced her back to it. 

She felt her chest tighten, what was happening to her? She hadn't felt this way in years. Seline looked down at her hands wringing into one another, then watched as she pinched at the skin between her thumb and pointer finger. 

She thought she'd stopped that. Seline shook her hands free and groaned as she shut her eyes, slicking her hair back again. If she couldn't get under someone else to get over FP, then she was truly screwed. 

Seline sat on her bike during her lunch, avoiding both of the boys if she could help it. If she wasn't going to show her strong, bull-headed type, she had to hide herself entirely. 

The last time her sister or any of her friends saw her weak, she decided to follow her mother here. It wasn't about to happen again. She had nowhere else to go. 

When she felt no one was looking, Seline crossed her leg over her bike then turned the engine before revving off to see if FP was at the construction site again.

Seline almost hoped that FP wasn't there, so then she would have to deal with the gushy feeling in her chest. And when she showed up, it was true. He wasn't there. 

If anything, she could make him face his decision of dropping her. Seline was the one to drop others. She thought about where to go to next, whether Pop's or the Whyte Wyrm. 

She decided to cut her losses and go for the Whyte Wyrm. 

At the bar, Seline shoved her way in and found a seat at the bar. The man behind the counter gave her an eyebrow but shrugged it off when she ordered shots of bourbon.